I want the new G5but what 1 full or upgrade?

tomb_1

I have G3.5 InterLink Plus controller and want to upgrade it to G5.
I saw this on the website "QuickSelect and digital trims are not available with the G3.5 and G3.5 InterLink® Plus controller." what does this mean? and if I get the upgrade do I get the free Download the Add-Ons Disks 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 or is that just for the $199.99 with the new controller?

thank's for your time
nathan

Your Interlink will work. It's just a different one than they are shipping now. And you can download the AddOns from the website right now. You just need the G5 software (upgrade or full version) to run it. Walk, dont run, to your LHS!!

I think Tower Hobbies had the upgrade for $65. I personally don't think digital trims justify getting a new Interlink controller. The controller is the only difference between the two versions.

digital trims, slightly different layout and more solid feel (it's a bit thicker), but yeah hard to justify the extra $130.

PayPayPay

Realflight is a good sim, But the constant updates at ridiculous prices is annoying. The competitors have free updates for life. I know a lot of people besides me are just sick of Realflight hanging us from our ankles, and shaking the change from our pockets. Any sim as expensive as this is for initial purchase should not keep draining our pockets. I and many others have started the move to other sims. Do you enjoy paying for Jim Bourkes new airplanes ?

WahWahWah

What you call "upgrades" are full new programs, not updates. If you have a problem buying new versions, don't do it. And as long as you work for a paycheck yourself, don't complain that Jim does, too. When you start working for free, then you have a complaint. (That assumes you are your household's wage earner.)
lazer51 said:
Do you enjoy paying for Jim Bourkes new airplanes ?
I'm guessing you also think CEOs make too much money. Anyway, I bet that Bourke's salary from KE is a drop in the bucket compared to his other sources of income.

Last edited:
lol.........you are in to a hobby where "Pay , Pay,Pay" is the norm
and you're complaning about paying for a new version every 2 years........give me a break

what does the compition realyl have to offer......not much IMO
Users can not create thier own aircraft or fields( photo fields or 3D)

Reletivly few aircraft....... they only have 6-7 Gliders !

the inability to request aircraft

the list goes on ...............but I need to go earn my pay check !

I own Realflight G4.5 and G5.5. I also own Phoenix V3 and FS One V2. I also have a number of the free sims but I'll stick with paid sims for now.

Realflight is worth the extra money for What is offered. Have you seen the price for Aerofly 5? It makes Realflight a bargain. I don't mind paying for expansion packs when I end up with a sim experience that only Realflight offers. You don't need to upgrade every two years. You don't HAVE to buy expansion packs. You don't even have to download all the free content from the swap pages. I personally do like having the choice to do so.

Jim Bourke does a great job running the Realflight products. It is good to know he is rewarded financially for his success. He makes sure the software keeps progressing in the right direction competitively and in functionality. Paying for the extras Realflight has to offer is a drop in the bucket for what I paid for my heli hobby in the first 6 months. I have been using Realflight now for close to two years and still haven't come close to paying what I did for my first heli with upgrades.

Realflight is worth the little bit of money you pay for it and the extras.

lazer51 said:
Realflight is a good sim, But the constant updates at ridiculous prices is annoying. The competitors have free updates for life. I know a lot of people besides me are just sick of Realflight hanging us from our ankles, and shaking the change from our pockets. Any sim as expensive as this is for initial purchase should not keep draining our pockets. I and many others have started the move to other sims. Do you enjoy paying for Jim Bourkes new airplanes ?

Well, you've been around since '07 you should know what's up.
The "constant updates" aren't so ridiculous as you've put it, in fact they are very predictable.
If you own G3, G3.5 is a free update.
If you own G4(2007), G4.5(2008) is a free update.
If you own G5(2009), G5.5(2010) is a free update.
In fact, every year around Oct/Nov, a new version is announced
Guess which version is being announced this year.... ;)
What was new since G5 is that if you owned G3,G3.5, G4, G4.5 your "upgrade" only cost you $80.

The competitors have free updates for life? I think you are grossly generalizing the entire industry come back to the real world.

You don't have to upgrade unless you feel your old version no longer performs.

Are you still running Windows 3.1? How much did the upgrade to XP cost you?
How about Vista or Windows7?
Starting to see a pattern here?

Last edited:
So what you are saying Phrank, is that I have to PAY for my Windows upgrades!??!!! That makes my blood boil!

This is completely off subject from the original first post.

Let's keep it to the original post or I will need to close the thread.

Thanks,
Chris McVey

lazer51 said:
Do you enjoy paying for Jim Bourkes new airplanes ?

As long as he and his company keeps making great Sims... ABSOLUTELY!!!

I sure hope Realflight 6.0 helps to repair his broken SBach or buys him a new one... plus gets everyone in the company bonuses!

mwilson914 said:
I own Realflight G4.5 and G5.5. I also own Phoenix V3 and FS One V2. I also have a number of the free sims but I'll stick with paid sims for now.

How's FS One V2?

I have FS One V1, but I couldn't bare to pay the ridiculous upgrade price for V2.
Particularly since I was SOOO disappointed with V1... $99 for V1, something like $160.00 for the upgrade??????????? WHAT????

The ONLY plane in the sim that approaches what their real life counterparts fly like is the Alpha 40...

I bought the sim because I have many of the modeled planes including the Funtana S90 ( it's still around! ).

The user created Alpha, Funtana, etc. etc. etc.... in Realflight are FAR more accurate than the professionally done models in FSOne.

Last edited:
Sour Grapes??

I can understand where you are coming from with a limited budget, but I personally (not the clique) think that it is money very well spent. I think that use of the sim will save you countless hours of training and crashed planes. It is possible to fly almost the entire time during a sim session. If you get 50% flight time when visiting a real field, you would be doing very well. Do I like paying for updates? Not really, but I am not forced to do it? No, because the old version continues to work just as well as before. How do you expect a software business to exist? They need a revenue stream and updates are part of that business model. The alternative is to have a subscription basis. I really don't like paying a fee every month. Bourke is entitled to spend his income in any legal manner possible AFAIAC. Good for him.

lazer51 said:

opjose said:
I sure hope Realflight 6.0 helps to repair his broken SBach or buys him a new one... plus gets everyone in the company bonuses!
what did he call the next version? That post was back in June!!! Hmmm... I smell a conspiracy!!! :cool:

But my Crystal Ball sees all! :D

Thus far I've been accused of working for six RC companies.... go figure... :D

Back