Idle up with real transmitter, what's the trick?

newl

Hi all!

Been using TruFlite for quite a number of years but since recently switching to Windows Vista, that was no longer an option as it hasn't been updated in ages and will not run under Vista, so I switched to RFG3 which works fine once you figure out that you can alter the settings of the setup application on the CD to run as Administrator (still required after install) and in compatibility mode (purely for install).

That being said, great program, have experienced it before at a mates house back in the G2 days and enjoyed it then and have been trying to enjoy it now.

The problem that I am having is that I am unable for the life of me to work out what needs to be done to get idle up working correctly with regards to the pitch from my JR XP652 radio.

Everything works as expected in TruFlite and on my other model memory which I use on my Raptor 30 (full throttle range and pitch positive and negative). Can someone point me in the right direction to be able to get negative pitch out of any of the 3D heli models in the sim?

Also, is there a way to swap the top left and top right switch functionality on the InterLink controller (I fly mode 1 and T/H is on top left, idle up top right, which is reversed on the mode 1 Interlink controller)?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Right, been there and played around for well over an hour.

I'm missing the options that say Gyro and Collective which is exactly what my channel 5 and 6 are in the radio.

All I have for options available that do not jive are Channel 5 - Dual Rates and Channel 6 - Knob, neither of which are as previously mentioned.

Perhaps there is something specific to tell this thing you're flying a heli and not a fixed wing (yes, I've tried with various supplied helis including a couple downloaded ones) that I'm just not seeing.

You may have to do this in the physics editor, since there is no default for each plane or heli model.

Managed to figure it out after you'd mentioned it mate. The solution was to find a model you're interested in flying, set the Tx to pass through mode instead of software and then tweak the settings to suit which I'm still in the progress of doing at this point (seems a bit too reactive in both my sim and model memory settings).

After pass through is selected, add/remove required bits to match your model (e.g. I
don't have a HH gyro nor head speed indicator). Things seem to make a little more sense after this is done. Unfortunately the manual doesn't seem to really mention that this needs to be done.

Thanks for the pointers guys!

Back