Importing Inverted V Tail Aircraft to RealFlight7

onrcanbal

Hi! I am a participant of a student team which designing and producing Unmanned Aircraft Systems and going in competitions like UAS Challange of Institution of Mechanical Engineers.We are trying to transfer our real aircraft to real flight but while we are doing it there are several problems.First of them is Real Flight is not able to understand to difference between the parts of aircraft even if we do naming of parts (like ~CS_LMW ets.) and drawing parts as a whole.Second problem is we have to take an another aircraft as starting point and we could not find any inverted v tail aircraft even if we looked all of the rfx files on KeMax website.What we can do to import an inverted v tail aircraft to RealFlight? Do you have any advice or idea for us? Thanks for advance...

And how can we make our own scratch?

Once you load any of the planes for reference just delete all the parts and start fresh from there. I don't delete everything myself but I've heard it said that way. I use a reference plane and then delete the parts I don't want and then resize the parts left and add new parts as necessary.

RFX File

Follow the picks. If you will build the wire frame, then post the RF8 file, I will make it correct, and put it back here.

Oh! Thanks so much.Here is our rfx file.We would be so appreciative.THanks for advance.By the way if you could explain us after you fix it how did you do it we would be grateful. :)

Attachments

• 12mayıs2_EA.RFX
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
SpecialCharacters?

Also Failed 2 import your .RFX in realflight7.5! had a look inside the files & found the use of Special characters in your Nameing eg:"12may²s2.KEX" this can prove 2 b problematic.

Posted an InvertdV.RFX Example Twin Boom ^ Configuration
and an InvertdV.fbx in the zip(Axes Import with Y Forward & Z Up).

The X axis is aligned UP the Hinge line of the ElevonR on the RIGHT Boom &
The X axis is aligned DOWN the Hinge line of the ElevonL on the LEFT Boom.

Hope it helps dont use Max myself.:)

https://www.knifeedge.com/KEmax/plane_tutorial.php

Attachments

• InvertdV_EA.RFX
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 7
  • InvertdV.zip
    162.7 KB · Views: 5
Thanks

Also Failed 2 import your .RFX in realflight7.5! had a look inside the files & found the use of Special characters in your Nameing eg:"12may²s2.KEX" this can prove 2 b problematic.

It helped a lot.Thank yo so much for our team :)

Which program did you use?May I ask for future configurations?

A Smorgasbord of open source Softwares!

Which program did you use?May I ask for future configurations?
Mainly Blender 2.49b & 2.79,OpenTX 2.2 for Radio settings 4 my Taranis & Arduino for DIY HeadTracker.
I am Unclear about"May I ask for future configurations?"Just post a Question in the Designers Forum if you run into a Problem(Screenshotz Help a Lot).

You Have talked about using 3DSMax neglecting 2 mention which version you are trying to get in RF7.

I Believe if you export your file from Max as a .3ds you still can run it Thro Knifeedges 3ds2kexbeta Standalone Converter from the CommandLine. :cool:......AnyHow Good Luck:)

Back