Installation Error

sakamara

Trying to install RF6 and get a StackHash 3849 error. I have tried setting Data Execution Prevention to allow the setup.exe and the setup2.exe in the setup folder of the DVD but still my installer crashes when I am toward the end of installing RF. I have installed on this computer in the past with no problem but it has been many months and I have since formatted/re-installed the OS.

If I ignore the error and open RF, it seems ok but when I go to import a RFX, the program closes on me. I have to suspect this is because it failed to fully install.

Screen shot of error attached.

Intel Core i7 2.80Ghz
9GB Memory
Win 7 64bit

Attachments

• RF error.jpg
    RF error.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
You are correct in assuming that it is a DEP error.

Searching for that error in Google takes you right to this matching post...

Dep Error

After adjusting DEP, did you reboot and THEN run the installation by right clicking and selecting "run as administrator"?

Did you also then run Realflight once or twice with "run as administrator" as well to let it set things up?

Did you let the DX9.0c installer completely install with the same "run as administrator" option.

Our DEP compatibility issues were fixed in G5.5. While DEP often comes up in searches about these types of crash reports from Windows, I don't expect that is to blame in this case.

I don't know what is, though. It has to either be something different about the OS itself since you reinstalled or something else that's running on the system. It makes me wonder if some overzealous antivirus or antimalware software may be interfering.

You should expect nothing but horrible results if you attempt to run an incomplete installation. Don't do that.

You should contact RealFlight Tech Support for assistance.

Back