Installing Add-Ons 1 thru 5

MHildebrand

I know this has got old to some people, however I can install Add-Ons 1 and 2 fine. Add-On 3 installs, it just does not show up on the menus; and I have not tried installing Add-Ons 4 and 5 yet.

I read about an 'Installation Fix' several places on this form. One had a link to it (which did not work), and another said to look in the FAQ pages.

Normally, I'm a smart guy, but I can't for the life of me find the FAQ page or the Installation fix. :confused:

Could some kind gent or gal send me the Installation Fix to mike@hildebrand.com? Or show me where it is?

Thanks.

install fix

Mike i tried to send you the file but my mail server wont let me send exe files or im not smart enough to figure it out Go to page two on this forum scroll down to addon vol 3 g3.5 by jfeenin, towrds the bottom there is a ling to the fix at http//www.gpsoftware.com/kb/q01-1036.htm. thats where i got it. hope this helps,i know its frustrating just had to format my hd and start over including updating each new version from 3.00 through about six updates that to each be installed in order,then all 5 addons and 3 expansions but tons of downloads from the swap pages. Good Luck and keep smilin'

Last edited:
rlj3593 said:
Mike I left out the www. before gpsoftware in that address, sorry

Thank-you! I followed the Vista Instruction page and reinstall everything upto and including Add-ON Volume 2.

Then, I used the 'Installation Fix' to install Add-ONs 3 and 4. The Installation Fix appears to not work for Add-ON 5, however instead of using it, I simply ran the 'Setup.EXE' on the Volume 5 disc (instead of 'cpanel.exe') and it worked straight out.

Knife-Edge writes good software, but they need help in the installation department.

Thanks for your help. ;)

Interesting how some people have problems, and others don't. I just installed addons 1-5 and exp packs 1-4 on my Vista machine. The only problem I had was the earlier addons wanting to install in the wrong directory. But a quick repoint to the G3 directory solved that problem. I think most of the errors have to do with the OEM versions of Windows. (Or whatever you call Compaqs, or Dells version of Windows, etc.)

Back