Installing RF7.5 to a another computer without physical drive?

chiruchi

Hi,

My previous Windows desktop suffered an untimely death and my more recent PC does not have physical drive (DVD-reader mostly) available to install the media. I could get and install one for sure, but wanted to check out here first especially when there is a related question.

Also, having installed this software once to a PC that has died, can I install it again to my new PC? I assume this is okay, but unsure if there's something I need to do to deactivate the previous installation or something.

TL;DR How to install without physical media and how to install to a new computer

You can simply copy the files from your install DVD or make an image of it to install from a USB storage device. There is no copy protection beyond the unique serial numbers.
If you call the tech support number they will deregister the old copy so you can register it on your new PC. This happened to me about a year ago. It took literally just a few minutes.
As long as the serial numbers haven't been used a bunch of times it will activate fine. You will just need to register it to get updates. It will run fine before you contact them. You just can't update to the latest version.

I hope that helps. Enjoy flying.

Last edited:
No need to "deregister" it too.

As long as you enter exactly the same registration information on the replacement machine, it will activate.

Back