Intel 945 chipset compatability

tenni126

Hi all,
I read up on this prior to purchasing Realflight Basic, and it seems like this should work with my computer but when I start the program it says " Your video card is not able to render 3D images". So, other than the obvious message, is anybody using this program with the Intel 945 chipset? Maybe I have a setting messed up somewhere? Or am I just SOL with trying to use this on my laptop?
Thanks in advance for any help.
-Brian

Also the 945 is the motherboard chipset, which does NOT necessarily correspond to the video chipset.

So find out which Intel graphics chip your MB uses, and see if there is a later driver for it.

Intel is pretty good about updating their software.

It would help if you also posted your diagnostic dump text file as indicated in other threads.

Thanks; I'll look into it. I am corresponding with tech support, who mentioned the drivers as well. I checked Intel's site and it appears I have the current drivers, so we'll see what the tech rep recommends next. Thanks again for all the suggestions; looks like you have a very helpful forum here.
-Brian

Please do what it says here:

Click me!

And UPLOAD ( do NOT PASTE ) the results into this thread.

This will permit us to see exactly what hardware you have installed on your machine.

I saw those instructions prior to posting, but can't find anything of the sort in the files on the disc. Is there another file name for Realflight Basic -vs- the other versions? I attached a copy of the info from a DirectX diagnostic run, maybe that will help.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    41.9 KB · Views: 5
Sorry to say but you can forget about running Realflight on that NETBOOK.

( Thanks for the diagnostic dump btw, that REALLY helps! )

There is indeed no 3D support what so ever on such devices.

I have a similiarly equipped Netbook.

Remember that they are called "Netbook" because they are designed for surfing the internet, and not even for normal document creation ( keyboards are too small in most cases... ).

Realflight and many other programs require at least DirectX9 compatible hardware.

Windows 7 all but mandates DX10 compatibility for decent performance as well.

Aside from that the Atom 1.60 processor is just too slow, as are the drives...

Yeah, just looked like it might have worked. It runs fine on my bigger laptop, I just don't like carrying that one around on the road as much...
Anyway thanks for all the help. Once again, looks like a great forum.
-Brian

If you ever get a chance, try download the Freeware FMS sim off the net and installing it on that Netbook.

I'm curious as to if it will run on the GMA 950.

It may be the shaders are tripping up G4/G5.

Intel cites the 950 as being DirectX9 compatible, but the hardware specs do not seem to bear this out.

BTW: More current drivers may be found for your video chipset by looking at other motherboards ( preferably Intel ones ) that have the 950 built in, and going to the support page for those MB's.

Last edited:
Back