Interlink Connection issues

WaffleMan

Dear all, Today I have an interesting situation. When I try to use realflight 6.5, my Interlink Elite has connection issues. It only works intermittently. I will be flying, and then it suddenly says "Interlink is diconnected." I lose all control of my plane/heli. I select the controler in the controler menu and start flying again, and it just does this repeatedly.
I bought my interlink in late 2010, and when I upgraded to 6.5 I used the same interlink.
Does anyone know why this is happening? It is not the connection to the computor, I have it on a USB bus and the other things on that bus work fine. I have tried two different ports on the bus, and it still does it.

I would try moving it to another USB port... and/or removing some of the other items on the "bus"... it may be that the "bus" is overloaded and starving for power. Another possibility is to remove the USB items in the device manager and let the computer re-install them. There might be a glitch in the disk causing the driver to fail.

I would try moving it to another USB port... and/or removing some of the other items on the "bus"... it may be that the "bus" is overloaded and starving for power. Another possibility is to remove the USB items in the device manager and let the computer re-install them. There might be a glitch in the disk causing the driver to fail.

I have been using it like this for a while now, I don't think it is a problem with the usb bus.

Are you using a POWERED usb bus, or is it just an extension/ multiport? When you do NOT use the usb bus, do you still experience the same issues?

We are just trying to tell you some NO-COST things to try... you have eliminated the hub, now try the drivers.... go into the device manager and remove anything that has USB name on it. The OS will rebuild it. Then if that does not work... I will start leaning towards thinking that the Interlink Elite has a hardware problem and will need to be sent in for repair or replacement.

Another thing that you can try is the using the widows start button "search" to find "game controllers". Select the controller and look at the properties... if the Interlink Elite is not shown.... then you have connection issues... occasional problems are really tough to find... you could have a worn wire... I would still try plugging the usb cord into a different port... on front or back of the machine opposite of the current connection.

Thanks Jose.

We are just trying to tell you some NO-COST things to try... you have eliminated the hub, now try the drivers.... go into the device manager and remove anything that has USB name on it. The OS will rebuild it. Then if that does not work... I will start leaning towards thinking that the Interlink Elite has a hardware problem and will need to be sent in for repair or replacement.

Another thing that you can try is the using the widows start button "search" to find "game controllers". Select the controller and look at the properties... if the Interlink Elite is not shown.... then you have connection issues... occasional problems are really tough to find... you could have a worn wire... I would still try plugging the usb cord into a different port... on front or back of the machine opposite of the current connection.

Thanks Jose.

My machine has two funtional ports, it has been tried on both.
When I look at my devices, the interlink flickers from being there to not being there every few seconds.

My machine has two funtional ports, it has been tried on both.
When I look at my devices, the interlink flickers from being there to not being there every few seconds.

Just TWO?

That means they are both tied to the same "Root Hub", so swapping ports means nothing.

Did you do as 12oclock said and removed all of your "root hub" devices in the device manager?

You should also try the Interlink on another computer.

With only two available USB ports, chances are high that the problem lies with the computer not the Interlink.... but you'll save a lot of time if you test the Interlink out on another machine...

You do not have to install Realflight, just hook up the Interlink, let Windows set it up in the device manage, then calibrate it.

Go back to the calibration screen and leave it up.

If the Interlink does not seem to disappear, then there is no problem with it.

And as already said, CALL.

Back