Interlink dx issues

Same here new motherboard windows11 rx5700xt video board had to downgrade video drivers and plug into my 2.0 before everything would work

I just discovered that the usb 3.0 ports work fine if they are the hard wired ports on the back of the motherboard. The one's coming from the headers to the front of the case are the problem. It must have something to do with the cables from the headers to the front of my case.

I just discovered that the usb 3.0 ports work fine if they are the hard wired ports on the back of the motherboard. The one's coming from the headers to the front of the case are the problem. It must have something to do with the cables from the headers to the front of my case.
Thanks that's good information to know. And it makes sense since the InterLink requires a lot of current and the wires from the motherboard to the front of the case would go through another set of pins which together would affect the voltage drop for the USB port.

Thank you Marcus. I will try all of your suggestions. I am using a brand new Acer Nitro 5 laptop. It is weird that when I first plug in the controller the computer makes the noise and recognizes it. Then after a period of time the computer will make that same noise and now it says there is an error. I restart realflight and it says to plug in a controller. I will try and expander. I will have to order one or pick one up somewhere. Thank you again. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
I have the same pc. An acer.with the same problem. Lag. Did you fix yours?

It seems signal quality of USB is too low. I think hardware design update is required to fix this. Too poor cable, wrong pull up/down register on D+/D- line, or so?

Probably, robust USB ports can handle such week signal. Try all ports on your PC. If no working port found, try USB HUBs.

Here is an example capture on USB transfer between PC and InterlinkDX. InterlinkDX sent some data to PC, but it was not recognized by PC's USB controller chip. My PC's USB ports were pretty nervous...
InterlinkDX_Failure.png

If we use HUB between PC and InterlinkDX, number of error packets become less. But there are still many error packets. Here is an example view of error packets. I captured 1000 packets between HUB and Interlink DX. 391 packets had CRC errors.
InterlinkDX_Errors.png

This is kind of an old thread on this topic.

I believe Horizon Hobby has a hardware fix in the works, but for right now they've been including a USB hub in the box because of this issue. Placing a USB hub (2.0 or 3.0, and even unpowered does it for most people) between the InterLink DX and the PC makes things work well enough to use the DX.

i enabled port 60/64 emulation in my bios and that solved all my issues without using a third party usb hub. id recommend this as a try, it will not hurt your system in any way whatsoever, worst case it doesn't fix it and and you disable it in the bios .

Back