Interlink DX trim issues

uxodas

I'm using the Interlink DX controller in RF Evolution. I'm finding that during calibration the elevator trim shows functionality, but seem to have little to no effect on planes in Realflight. Am I missing a setting?

@uxodas, were you able to sort things out? Trim changes are subtle enough that it won't be easy to observe the difference in the Radio gadget, for example, but they definitely should make a difference in flight.

Trim should be active all the time without requiring any special additional input. Well, that's true during normal flight simulation, anyway; in most menus, for example, they would have no effect. They send a signal to the sim that it receives and acts upon. They do not directly modify the output signal from the controller.

If you still need some help, please provide more detail about exactly what you're doing and the actual vs. expected results. It might also be helpful to know how much RC experience you have.

@uxodas, were you able to sort things out? Trim changes are subtle enough that it won't be easy to observe the difference in the Radio gadget, for example, but they definitely should make a difference in flight.

Trim should be active all the time without requiring any special additional input. Well, that's true during normal flight simulation, anyway; in most menus, for example, they would have no effect. They send a signal to the sim that it receives and acts upon. They do not directly modify the output signal from the controller.

If you still need some help, please provide more detail about exactly what you're doing and the actual vs. expected results. It might also be helpful to know how much RC experience you have.
I got trim to work. Now I can't figure out how to get trim settings to save for each plane. It resets completely each time I change planes.

Trim changes are not saved for stock aircraft. They are saved for custom aircraft.

This is to help ensure that stock content is resilient and can't be messed up by users experimenting, particularly if they are still learning and don't yet know the software well. It would be far too easy for someone to apply extreme trim to a model, leave, forget or otherwise not understand what they have done, and come back in a day or a month or even a year and not understand why the model flies so terribly.

Trim changes are not saved for stock aircraft. They are saved for custom aircraft.

This is to help ensure that stock content is resilient and can't be messed up by users experimenting, particularly if they are still learning and don't yet know the software well. It would be far too easy for someone to apply extreme trim to a model, leave, forget or otherwise not understand what they have done, and come back in a day or a month or even a year and not understand why the model flies so terribly.
So i can set it, then do a "save as"?

The other way around. Choose "Save As" from the editor and give it a name to your liking. Exit the editor, at which point you should automatically be flying the new version. Trim it however you like. Those values will be stored for that version unless/until you change them again.

Trim is an Output Channel property in the Software Radio. It is the under-the-hood representation of the trim that is visible in the Radio gadget & observable in flight. When you make changes in flight on a custom model and they persist across sessions, that is where they are stored. So technically, you actually could do it the way you suggested by setting Trim values directly in the editor and then saving those changes using a different vehicle name. But most likely you will want to trim in flight where you can see the effects of your changes in real time, rather than going in and out of the editor to tweak numbers and test the results. (That's probably more info than you need, but I wanted to be complete in case you run across that later in the editor and aren't sure how they go together.)

The other way around. Choose "Save As" from the editor and give it a name to your liking. Exit the editor, at which point you should automatically be flying the new version. Trim it however you like. Those values will be stored for that version unless/until you change them again.

Trim is an Output Channel property in the Software Radio. It is the under-the-hood representation of the trim that is visible in the Radio gadget & observable in flight. When you make changes in flight on a custom model and they persist across sessions, that is where they are stored. So technically, you actually could do it the way you suggested by setting Trim values directly in the editor and then saving those changes using a different vehicle name. But most likely you will want to trim in flight where you can see the effects of your changes in real time, rather than going in and out of the editor to tweak numbers and test the results. (That's probably more info than you need, but I wanted to be complete in case you run across that later in the editor and aren't sure how they go together.)
No, this info was perfect. Much thanks

Back