Interlink Elite Mod

Do you have a soldering gun? If so, you could just heat up the solder and pull the wire off. But concidering you did pay alot of money for the system why not do it correctly and go to home depot or lowes and pick up a desoldering vacuum plunger for a few bucks.

Well, I just held the iron across the two larger ground points, and held pressure while heating. That came off pretty quickly. Did the same on the 3 points, worked nicely.
Wires went off/on smooth, the hardest part was getting it positioned right in the case so it didn't wiggle around. I need to shoe goo it but I was too excited to try it.
It works. I didn't break it. lol. I'm already not used to it. It's amazing how one little thing like that can mess up your habits pretty quickly.

I would still REALLY like to know why it did not come like this... Probably because the 6ex airplane radio has it in that spot, but they should have known it would piss us off. Then again, they did make it easy to modify so I must thank them for that. Mine is done and it works so no more worries here!

-Eric

Glad that my mod worked for you rccardude04. After a week of having the throttle hold where G4 had it, I just could not stand it. I was developing a habit of the thottle hold in the front vs. the top. I used a combination of a desoldering iron from Radio Shack and some desoldering braid that can be bought at an electronics shop. The old method I used to use was an old toothbrush to brush away the molten solder, before it hardened.

Enjoy,
Ken

Good call on the toothbrush, but it's already done. lol.
I'll remember that for next time.

I basically used it, and opened it up after about 2 minutes to flip the ratchet and see how hard it'd be to swap the knob and switch. However, it looked a lil more involved than what I wanted to tackle at 2:00AM and figured somebody else would do it to prove it's possible. As soon as I saw the thread I went for it. LOL
Thanks for being the test "dummy" :D:D
-Eric

Now, only if we could get KE to provide new stickers for the mod, we'll be all set. :D I allready rotated the 3 position switch around, so that it works like normal for me.

Also, did you realize that there's a "reversing" feature in G4 where you can actually activate servo reversing in the "channel mapping" menu?
You should also be able to move switches around as well.
No need to take it apart again. You can reverse it in the software.
-Eric

jengelh6471 said:
Do you have a soldering gun? If so, you could just heat up the solder and pull the wire off. But concidering you did pay alot of money for the system why not do it correctly and go to home depot or lowes and pick up a desoldering vacuum plunger for a few bucks.

Ya im spoiled..... i use metcal soldering equipment.......... ;)

Back