Interlink Potentiometer?

Johnny31297

Good evening,

my Interlink's yaw potentiometer just died, could anyone tell me a specific part number or designation of the pots used so I can replace it? Thank you.

Jonas

You might be able to find an old 72mhz radio and rob some parts out of it. I do not know if "Radio South" / Tony Spillman is still around. Check the web, he can help, if anyone can. He was with the AMA, but I do not know if he is still there. He was a flying site coordinator.

If one pot is bad, you should probably replace them all.

I have a couple of old Futaba 72MHz FM and PCM radios and the parts are compatible. I bought some at my LHS for $10-$15 and use them for simming or parts for repairing my Interlink Elite.

Purchasing a used 15 dollar transmitter sounds better than a new gimbal. Some of which are 70 bucks or more. Pull the gimbals out of the used radio and install into the interlink. Job done.

Yeah, but most guys in Germany fly with Graupner radios. So finding an old Futaba lying around might be difficult. Here in the states, there are a lot of them lying around.

Did you find Radio South? Here is the link: http://radiosouthrc.com/

As I said before, Tony can hook you up. I don't know if he will just give you the information. He might want you to buy the repair pieces from him. As I said before, might want to replace all.

Johnny, the obvious answer is not stated... you can always send the USB radio in for service. I know... international shipping, but that is a possibility. Who knows, they might even sell you the parts for the repair.

Last edited:
Just a note to anyone thinking about changing the gimbals. I took the gimbles out of an old brand new am Futaba clone, they work but Realflight will not let me calibrate the joystick as the range is not enough, hopefully, a Futaba 72 mhz will work.

Back