Is it possible to set up a variable pitch prop in G3

inky00

I was just wandering whether it was possible to set up a variable pitch prop on a plane in G3 for trying some 4D aerobatics?

Follow these steps:

1. Right click on the fuselage, add a single movable pod
2. Right click on the movable pod and add a single engine
3. Copy the settings from the old engine to the one that is on the movable pod
4. Once the settings are copied, delete the original engine
5. Now, set all of the movable pod dimensions settings to a value of .4 (height, length, width) and set the weight to as low as possible
6. Set the Z Rotation Maximum to 180
7. Add a physical servo to the electronics, do this by right clicking on the electronics tab, then add. Set the servos input channel to channel 8
8. Choose an open output channel (open as in it has no inputs on that channel already) and add a complex input.
9. Set the input channel to ch. 8
10. Now go to "input feed when" set the "activated when" to "conditional channel below or equal to value #1"
11. Set conditional channel to "input ch. 3", set value 1 to -20
12. Add a complex input to Output channel 3 under software radio
13. Set input to "Input Channel 3"
14. Go to "<<<Curve>>>" and look at the values in the upper left, set them as 100 -100 100, the middle value should be negative, the other two are positive.
15. Go to "input feed when" and set the conditional channel to ch.8 and set "value 1" to 1
16. Set "activated when" to "Conditional Channel above or equal to Value #1"
17. I almost forgot, go back to the movable pod page and set the Z rotation servo to the servo you created in step 7, then set the "reverse servo" to YES

That should do it, any problems let me know, and i hope this well appreciated, it took forever to type this!!!

Last edited:
Back