Is RealFlight a game?

Johndb

I learned to fly in many ways on G2. My present version 3.5 i still consider a practice and learning tool of our hobby. However, it´s more like a game every version i see ... Opinions please!

You're kind of late to that conversation. But if I recall, it has been determined in the past that RF is a simulator with a diversion.

love to fly real models, how you computer graphic designers work is a mystery best left to yourselves, i would have no idea where to start. Having said that, many thanks to those that do for swap page stuff, well done guys.

I see it as a simulator with an "Oh yeah, it also does this if you want" on the side. Basically you can do with it what you please to make it fun for you. If you are either hardcore and pure at training, you can use Realflight for that. If you are a gamer only, you can use it for that too.

I just noticed that this thread is in the RFB forum. In my opinion, RFB is strictly a sim. G5 would be the sim with a diversion. But you get alot more options and versatility with G5. If your budget is tight, RFB is for you. It is a good product. If you can afford G5, I recommend it instead.

Options and versatility=learn how to fly with trainers and simple aircraft, fly more advanced planes, edit planes to liking, goof off with stuff you edited (espescially with wespons), download tons off of swaps, edit those, and eventually get to my point where I was inspired to do CSs and finally, model. At least, that was my path.

And I think a good response to the original topic would be those clever signatures. I think one went 'It's a game...err...simulator!' Oh well. You're out there somewhere!

Johndb said:
I learned to fly in many ways on G2. My present version 3.5 i still consider a practice and learning tool of our hobby. However, it´s more like a game every version i see ... Opinions please!
Opinion...

Is it a Gameulator?

Nope, G5 is a vastly Improved Sim over the one you have w/ a game added to it called Combat.

With or without Combat, it's a must have practice and learning tool for my Real Life Flying.

unfortunately some think it is................at least those who have not yet tried real RC
like some of the "Gamers" G5 has seemed to attract lately

opjose said:
Is "RC" a "GAME"?

Yes, Resteraunt City is a game. :p

Giving it high end gaming graphics and physics doesn't automatically make it a game. It's built to simulate real life. And it comes with a controller (Interlink Elite) modeled after the Futaba 6C 72mHz that costs at least $80. So now-is it a game?

no its how you choose to use it
if all you do is paintball/ combat then its a game
If you use it to hone your RW RC skills its a very capable sim
I think jeffpn said it best it's a sim with a diversion
why the need to pigeon hole it in the first place ?
RF is what it is
only the user can decide how best to enjoy the $200+ they've spent
I use it as a sim and an outlet for my artistic endeavors
if some one else use's it as a game so be it

Heh. For the past few months, I've been using RF for nothing more than to iron out the kinks in the models I'm building!

RF is great, all right, but there's nothing like standing outside on a freezing ND morning holding that controller. Real life RC is just as fun!

I think its more so ...albeit a little more expensive
I guess you get what you pay for :D
North Dakota ! ..............I'd have to second guess that one :p

Until they can simulate a bug flying into your ear while you're landing your heli, its not realistic :) .

Also, they need a repair simulator for everytime you crash. Because my heli's have more repair bench time on average than air time. :eek:

You have been gone a while. There is a grossly overestimated repair cost function. Hit ~ to open the console, and type showmethemoney. I think that's the command. It first appeared in G4, so it's been around a while.

Back