Issue after upgrading to 6.00.32 or later

akz28

Gang, I am not sure if this is a bug or some tuning parameter fix.

But I wanted to run it by everyone first to see if there is a way to resolve my problem.

I noticed that every upgrade after and including version 6.00.032, I have a problem with some planes when taking off.

One example is the P-51 BBD plane. After giving it full throttle, within about 10 feet or so, the right wing and right wheel will raise up off of the ground first, then the plane will take off by itself within about 25 feet or so with no stick input.
It does not do this on my machine with 6.00.027 or below.

It is not a trim problem because once I get in the air, the trim seems fine.

I have tried 6.00.032 all the way to the latest 6.00.047.
I even did a clean install and went directly to 6.00.047 and the problem persists.
If I stay at version 6.00.027 or below, it is fine.

I have tried recalibrating also.

Anyone else having this problem. I did run down the RF6 forum and nothing jumped out at me.

Thanks....................Al

Last edited:
No...not torque roll.

The plane will actually lift off by itself within about 20 feelt or so witha slight tilt to the left.

Some other planes do it as well.

I have a few RC Mustangs that I fly and am familiar with the torque roll ...usually the plane will just pull to one side but in this case the plane actually takes off on its own.
Almost as if I am feeding it a little up elevator and left aileron on take off.

do you have the physics set to realistic?

if you have the Autopilot Assist turned on the aircraft will appear to take off on their own.

No...not torque roll.

The plane will actually lift off by itself within about 20 feelt or so witha slight tilt to the left.

Some other planes do it as well.

I have a few RC Mustangs that I fly and am familiar with the torque roll ...usually the plane will just pull to one side but in this case the plane actually takes off on its own.
Almost as if I am feeding it a little up elevator and left aileron on take off.
Yeah, it's a combo of torque and a lot of lift. a real R/C aircraft will do that to.
If you don't like it, I'm sorry to say you'll have to stick to electric motors, or jets.

Yeah, it's a combo of torque and a lot of lift. a real R/C aircraft will do that to.
If you don't like it, I'm sorry to say you'll have to stick to electric motors, or jets.

Sorry but I do not agree. I have several nitro planes....two Hangar 9 P-51 Mustangs, one Seagull Edge 540 and a Spitfire. Although they all experience torque pull to the left, especially the Mustangs, none of them exhibit the behaviour I am seeing and will take off on their own within 20 feet of hitting the throttle.....actually, forget 20 feet....it is much less than that.

I just tried it again and in less than 3 seconds of hitting the throttle, this happens. The plane takes off on its own with a slight tilt to the left. With hands off the controls (except for hitting the throttle first then letting go of the sticks)

None of my real RC Mustangs will do that.....especially with no input from the elevator.

And remember, this was a result of upgrading past 6.00.027 - it did not happen before then.

And I do have the physics set to Realistic - so no Auto Pilot assist is on.

Last edited:
The thurst factor was changed a while back, that may have a roll in what you now see. Those look like scale warbird take offs to me.
You can lower the back torq factor to a very low number, and also play around with engine thrust to a lower #.
However those changes may show up in level flight as well.
The lifting off in a very short distance is thurst to weight/lift.
Too much thrust
Too little weight
Too much lift
Get the right mix, it will be real, and real means Pfactor, with scale take off and climb out.

The thurst factor was changed a while back, that may have a roll in what you now see. Those look like scale warbird take offs to me.
You can lower the back torq factor to a very low number, and also play around with engine thrust to a lower #.
However those changes may show up in level flight as well.
The lifting off in a very short distance is thurst to weight/lift.
Too much thrust
Too little weight
Too much lift
Get the right mix, it will be real, and real means Pfactor, with scale take off and climb out.

OK, that is the second person that said this behaviour is normal for a warbird.

Maybe I AM wrong here. Not too proud to admit that and have only been flying RC for about 3 years, so I am still learning every day.

I am just going by my real RC warbirds, of which I have 3, and others I have seen at our field. None of my warbirds will start taking off on their own like that, with the left tilt, within 3 seconds of throttle out.

Please try this for me if you would - pick the stock BBD P-51, go to the Carl Henderson field....ok, probably doesnt matter what field but i want all things equal.

Once you have done that......nail the throttle quickly and take your hands off the sticks - i understand that you would not do this under normal circumstances due to the torque pull to the left.....but I am just experimenting here.

Does your P51 BBD start to lift off with a slight tilt to the left within 3 seconds?

If yes, then I am wrong and will go away now....LOL.

Thank you for all your help.

Last edited:
OK, that is the second person that said this behaviour is normal for a warbird.

Maybe I AM wrong here. Not too proud to admit that and have only been flying RC for about 3 years, so I am still learning every day.

I am just going by my real RC warbirds, of which I have 3, and others I have seen at our field. None of my warbirds will start taking off on their own like that, with the left tilt, within 3 seconds of throttle out.

Please try this for me if you would - pick the stock BBD P-51, go to the Carl Henderson field....ok, probably doesnt matter what field but i want all things equal.

Once you have done that......nail the throttle quickly and take your hands off the sticks - i understand that you would not do this under normal circumstances due to the torque pull to the left.....but I am just experimenting here.

Does your P51 BBD start to lift off with a slight tilt to the left within 3 seconds?

If yes, then I am wrong and will go away now....LOL.

Thank you for all your help.

I just ran the test. While it will lift off and torque slightly to the left, it hugs the ground and in fact, wheels will touch, slight bounce, etc. right until it hits the grass at the end of the runway at which point, the plane is history. This is pretty close to what I would expect of a well trimmed model in real life.

My suggestion is make sure that the radio gadget is up and check the trim on your radio. Also make sure your radio is calibrated correctly.

I was running the Big Beautiful Doll standard model P-51.

You are not wrong.
First;Haveing said that, there two defferant things going on here. PFactor is a normal factor comon inwarbairds. those planes have longer to provide prop clearance, which means that the prop is pulling the plane forward, with the prop leaning backward at a greater angle than is comon in other types of aircraft. This means that the bottom os the prop arch hits new air before the top of the arch. This causes the aircraft to rotate from engine torque more pronanced. This is PFactor. Normal in scale built War BIRDS. If at you're field the planes do not have that scale angle of attack, you will not see PFactor show up as much.
Second; lift off with a very short rool out, not scale at all. If in real world full scale, a pilot pulled full up on take off, he would be DEAD! That would cause the left wing to drop from PFactor/Stall. STALL, is where a wing does not provide enough lift, at the speed it is traveling to support the weight of the aircraft, this is stall. Most offten, but not allways, one wing tip will drop. When PFactor is in play, it will allways be the left wing. There are cases of a partictular type of air craft that drops the right wing.
Lets see who can find the name of that aircraft. I will give one hint if needed.
Under no circumstances, would a full scale warward, ever, EVER, be able to go stright up as soon as the wheels lift off. Any RC model WB, or any Sim model WB, that does that, is not scale! NO iffs ANDS or BUTS about it.
TOO MUCH Thrust, TOO LIFT, TOO WEIGHT.

OK. I'll bite. Where are you selecting the P-51 BBD from? I'll go to the field. I also have noticed some left gear rog's and self take-offs when I slam the throttle on several prop jobs. I was writing it off also as torque roll and normal lift, but I am always happy to have an excuse to try something new and play with my RF6, as long as no work is involved!!! :)

Try This

This is my slightly modified from stock P-51 in Rf6

Attachments

• Modified_P-51Mustang_AV.RFX
    26.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Rotorbroke,
exactly what I am getting. Thank you for confirming for me. I thought I broke my sim somehow.

Flexible,
THAT is more like it ! !
Thank you - this thing takes off a lot like my RC Mustangs that I fly.

Thanks everyone for all the information and posts!

Last edited:
I just ran the test. While it will lift off and torque slightly to the left, it hugs the ground and in fact, wheels will touch, slight bounce, etc. right until it hits the grass at the end of the runway at which point, the plane is history. This is pretty close to what I would expect of a well trimmed model in real life.

My suggestion is make sure that the radio gadget is up and check the trim on your radio. Also make sure your radio is calibrated correctly.

I was running the Big Beautiful Doll standard model P-51.

I just tried it with RF 6.00.047 and got the exact same result. The right wheel lifts off, the plane sort of bumps along for a bit, then crashes in the tall grass. By no means does it lift clear of the runway.

I just tried it with RF 6.00.047 and got the exact same result. The right wheel lifts off, the plane sort of bumps along for a bit, then crashes in the tall grass. By no means does it lift clear of the runway.

Yes, that is what i meant.

It didnt actually take off....I probably did not phrase that right.....the right wheel would lift off ground, then the left, then it would touch back down and do this several times before crashing into the tall grass at the end of the runway.

My left wheel comes off the ground almost immediately, then three seconds later, it
settles back down.

This is very strange. :confused:

Back