JR X9303 and Reset button on Elite controller

jfail

I am using a JR X9303 on G4 and it works great but there is one very annoying problem.

Everytime I start G4 and select the X9303 (which is shown as an Elite 9 channel on the controller menu) it works fine. BUT if I need to reset the aircraft pressing the space bar on the keyboard I get a message saying to press the reset button on the regular elite controller to validate the controller. This is a real pain in that I have the G4 controller under my desk out of sight and use my 9303 exclusively. I have to drag the G4 controller out, select it on the controller menu and then press the reset button which validates the controller and resets the plane, then put it away againl, reselect the 9303 and I can fly again.

Any way around this problem? All I want to do is press the space bar and keep flying with the 9303.

Thanks

John

Yeah, I found out the same thing. Went through channel mapping to set things to the way that I like, then you have to keep messing with the Interlink Elite, so what's the point of having your own radio. :(

I spoke with tech support this afternoon for 45 minutes. they denied they have ever heard of this problem. They suggested that the problem was my wireless keyboard. I borrowed one from a friend and the problem still remains.

As you said what's the point of having your own radio?

This is a really annoying problem and I am glad to hear I am not the only one.

Tech support was absolutely no help at all and suggested that I and/or my computer is the problem.

I was a software developer for 25 years until I retired and sold the business. I am well aware of protecting your product but this protection of the hardware and software reminds me of the early copy protection schemes used on software in the 1980's (counter productive and makes the product use a real niusance (sp)).

In my setup, if I do not use the Interlink Elite as the primary controller, it will prompt me to switch over to Interlink Elite and press Reset just as the Gentleman said earlier.

Minor annoyance, but sounds like TechSupport needs to get their act together.

jfail said:
I spoke with tech support this afternoon for 45 minutes. they denied they have ever heard of this problem. They suggested that the problem was my wireless keyboard. I borrowed one from a friend and the problem still remains.

As you said what's the point of having your own radio?

This is a really annoying problem and I am glad to hear I am not the only one.

Tech support was absolutely no help at all and suggested that I and/or my computer is the problem.

I was a software developer for 25 years until I retired and sold the business. I am well aware of protecting your product but this protection of the hardware and software reminds me of the early copy protection schemes used on software in the 1980's (counter productive and makes the product use a real niusance (sp)).

Well I know that it is not me or my computer. I have built quite a few systems in my day. the system that I am running(Intel Quad Q6700, 2 gigs memory, 8800 Ultra vid card) has no problem with G4, only the problem with the X9303 & the interlink not getting along. The thing is my X9303 gets along fine with G3.5 once I setup the channel mapping. Again that shows that it is NOT the computer or the operator.

Its RF

Dont worry its not a hardware issue with your stuff it is with real flight. mine does the same thing and the other 4 that i have used on other machines also does the same thing.

Validating the Interlink is purposely done as a copy protection item.

You normally only have to do this once G4 is first started. After that you can hit the spacebar, etc.

Back