Junkboy's Citabria, Decathlon, Explorer ,and Pro Hanger

Junkboy999

Junkboy's Citabria, Decathlon, Explorer ,and Pro Hanger

Hello all.

I know I have posted a few picture in other post of my first Real Flight Model, but I decided to start a full thread on it and the 3, possible 4 , other style models I plan to make. The first is just one of the plain old style Citabria made by the Champion Aircraft Company. This one will be a Sunday flyer and not very acrobatic, I know that Citabria is Airbatic spelled backward but the first Citabria where limited to loops rolls and stalls. Inverted flight was not recommended, due to the flat bottom and high lift airfoil.

I have finished the model and did the physics. All that is left to make the UV-Map for the paints scheme. I'm working one a few Tut now and pulling my hair out. This might delay the release of the final EA.G3X.

Here's the pictures of the aircraft it was modeled off and the model it self..

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• CIT0023.JPG
    CIT0023.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 37
  • CIT0024.JPG
    CIT0024.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 29
  • CIT0025.JPG
    CIT0025.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 22
  • CIT0026.JPG
    CIT0026.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 26
Some detail.

Here's some of the detail I put into the model. Most of this detail you'll not see while flying around. But it is there, Trust me.

The Tail support wires. The cockpit and landing gear and gear attachments.

Attachments

• CIT0020.JPG
    CIT0020.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 23
  • CIT0021a.JPG
    CIT0021a.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 30
  • CIT0021.JPG
    CIT0021.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 31
  • CIT0022.JPG
    CIT0022.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 19
other models

The next project will be a Super Decathlon, The super scout bush plane, an Adventure decked out with floats and retractable gear.

Attachments

• SUPERD.JPG
    SUPERD.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 21
  • SUPERS.JPG
    SUPERS.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 23
  • ADJENT.JPG
    ADJENT.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 20
Citabria Pro

The last thing I'd like to make is a Citabria Pro. This is a one a kind Aircraft prototype and was never placed in to production. I like the looks of this and would love to make it into a Biplane. But we'll see.

The Red one is the real Aircraft and the other is the Balsa wood USA Kit

Wish me luck :D

Attachments

• CitabriaPro-tn.jpg
    CitabriaPro-tn.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 28
  • CitabriaPro1640.jpg
    CitabriaPro1640.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Maping allmost done

Hi all

This is taking me longer then I thought. Partly because I'm new to producing the texture maps and because of the detail I'm try to place in the model. The only thing left to map is the area in-between the control surfaces and the fixed wings. I know you do not see them but when the control surfaces move you can some time see a gray color from the model showing through. I might as wall go all the way on this or go home.

Here is a look at the map to show the painter what he is going to be up against if he still want to try painting the model. I might open it up as a contest to see who can make the best and highest detailed color schemes. I'm talking Padded leather Interior, Leather seats and map holders, Costume floor mats, padded quilted insulation blankets under the instrument panel, detailed instrument panel with wood trim. All parts are painted down to the itty bitty red Push-to-Talk button of the control stick, and that is just the inside :D I must be Mad :)

Real map is 2048x2048 :eek:

Attachments

• CIT0028.JPG
    CIT0028.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Thats some crazy detail. i wonder how many hours into it he is and if he's modelling it in his free time or if this is his line of work?

Junkboy!!! You've been holding back. I thought you could only model two sticks together? Maybe you're a fast learner?

Junkboy seems to be a very fast learner in my opinion. He's come a very long way in a very short time.

Sill cramming in more detail

Had a problem with my texture Map. Took me 5 hours to figure I forgot to check a Box in Deep Exp. for double sided texture so my Internment panel was not showing. Fixed Now :)

Check out the Insulation blanket / sound baffle material inside the cockpit. The instrument panel still needs work but at least it is showing up now. :) and I for got to model a Cigarette lighter pluge in the dash,

Attachments

• CIT0029.JPG
    CIT0029.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 32
  • CIT0030.JPG
    CIT0030.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 51
Ctabria Clasic is just about done

ok guys

I'm just about ready for the release of the Ctabria. I just have to Fix a small problem, the aera inside the alerons forgot to get maped, so a wite line shows up when thay move and one small place on the back of the wings.. I know these are just small issues but thay bug me :) ..I 'll get this out for this weekend.. :D

Attachments

• CIT0032.JPG
    CIT0032.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 47
  • CIT0035.JPG
    CIT0035.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 47
Wow....that thing did turn out stellar! I give major props to you for the detail and time you put towards this aircraft. I would love to see some more screen shots and renders of this beauty!

Have to agree........... Wow, detail, detail......... Looks very nice Junkboy, scale at it's best.... ;) Keep up the great work.

Brentg

Yes terry!!!! that looks absolutely amazing!! wait till you run into something and the cowl pops off, then tell me how much attention to detail has been put into this model. hehe it blew my mind!!!

Mad props to a job well done!!

Citabria Classic is airborn and on swaps

OK all you Prop heads. The Citabria is on the swap page. This is been a labor of love. One of my Favorite Aircraft of all times. Guess I just wanted one, and one done my way. Not sure on the total time it took to build it because a lot of the time was spent learning how you use the programs and asking question. 5 months is my best guess but I was doing other stuff too

I would like to take a minute to thank:
Cowboy for the E-mail's and Chat to walk me through the many steps to get me on the right track, and test out the Model.

Crash Again for the use of his Engine Model and all his answers to question on the forum.

Willsonman for answers on the forum and testing the Model.

Alexflyguy for the getting the color scheme going while I was still fixing mistakes on the model.

Also like to thank all other that answered question and made suggestions on how to do things.

I'll be placing a uncolored color scheme map on a hosting sight along with a index map that will explain what some of the areas on the map are. This is so you can have a clean map to customize you own model. Please feel free to use the interior off the colored map if you don't feel like taking the time to do one your self :) I'll place that link here later..

Congratulations on a super nice model. Talk about hitting one out of the park. If I remember correctly this is the first model you started creating?? Really like the details on the inside.

Keep up the great work....only suggestion / comment I can think of:

I'm unsure how you modeled the main gear, but could you set the pivot at the fuse for "springy gear" it would be a great addition (and scale) for this model.

Edit: Sorry I forgot it was for G3.5 "springy gear" was not available then. So I just selected "springy gear" in G4 and tweaked the physics a bit and it works fairly well. I get a nice animated "cushion" and bounce of the gear while landing!

Thanks for the nice work!

Last edited:
Back