Just got the rf evolution, few questions

axaviere

Figured out the stream, got rf installed. Few issues, nothing major there. Never flown any r/c anything. Successfully anyway, lol. Ok the interlink has no sliders, I think that's the 7th axis mentioned on the pop up stating I had 6 of 7 configured. Sound right?

So I flew a habu by default. Took off and landed twice. Never said in was on the runway.

But it's making a noise like a cricket chirping. How do I make it stop? It's driving me crazy.

Figured out the stream, got rf installed. Few issues, nothing major there. Never flown any r/c anything. Successfully anyway, lol. Ok the interlink has no sliders, I think that's the 7th axis mentioned on the pop up stating I had 6 of 7 configured. Sound right?

So I flew a habu by default. Took off and landed twice. Never said in was on the runway.

But it's making a noise like a cricket chirping. How do I make it stop? It's driving me crazy.
That's the new ambient sounds they added recently. Press ESC to open the menu.

Settings->Audio->Sound Levels->Airport Sounds

Turn off Airport Sounds Enabled

@axaviere, I don't expect that message to come up for any of the InterLinks. Which specific InterLink version are you using? It will say on the front label.

We added ambient environmental sounds to bring the airports to life a little more. The specific sounds you hear vary by airport setting and the kinds of objects each airport contains. We think they enhance immersion, but also understand that not everybody will be a fan. As @technoid pointed out it is possible to essentially mute them if you choose.

@axaviere, I don't expect that message to come up for any of the InterLinks. Which specific InterLink version are you using? It will say on the front label.

We added ambient environmental sounds to bring the airports to life a little more. The specific sounds you hear vary by airport setting and the kinds of objects each airport contains. We think they enhance immersion, but also understand that not everybody will be a fan. As @technoid pointed out it is possible to essentially mute them if you choose.
ill have to look when i get home. did you mean the error i got on set up about not all of the axis being set? about the sounds, i thought it was an error sound like i was doing something wrong, lol

Last edited:
Back