Just saying hello with a video

N8LBV

I post these practice videos once in a while.
I'm a heli guy.
But enjoy anything that flys.

There's something in that video that I've never noticed before: a tiny black dot that seems to follow the plane around. It doesn't seem to be visible all the time. It's especially noticable when the plane is so far away that I have trouble actually seeing the plane against the white cloud cover. The dot seems to be even more visible than the plane in that situation. Any ideas? It seems to act like a chase camera. Could that be what it is?

Are you able to get a screenshot of the black dot you are seeing?
I'm wondering if it's just the shadow on the tail/rudder.

-Steve

I'm convinced that's not it. It follows the plane, maybe 10-20ft behind it. I've been trying to pause & do a screen capture at .25 playback speed, cropped to the area around the plane. But it doesn't show in the screen capture, even though it's visible in the paused video. I'm starting to think it might be some sort of artifact from the video card or driver. It's only visible when the plane is far away. In this image, it SHOULD be visible about 1/2 way between the tail of the aircraft & the tip of the closest tower in the distance. That's about 60 seconds into the video. The "spot" is more distinct than the tower.
screen.jpg
P.S. it's not visible in the EDF video you just posted, even when it's in a similar location & at a similar distance.

Last edited:
Back