Just want to say thanks

Mystery

Banned
I and my realflight minions just want to take this opportunity (and this web space) to give a huge, well deserved Thank You to all the talented and creative contributors to our swap pages.
I've had realflight since G2 and only started downloading relatively recently, and I can admit that RF wouldn't be the same without you guys and all your hard work.

Not only that but I'm learning a lot about CSing and eventually creating EAs by reading around the forums, hopefully I'll be able to make something beyond a little stick-figure airplane someday.

Thanks again everyone, keep up the good work!!

I look at the the swap pages and I see descriptions where people say their files aren't very good, or somebody else could probably make it better, or it doesn't fly right. One guy even posts version numbers on his stuff, because he doesn't wait until he's done with the models to post them. His plan is to pull them down, "tweak" them, and repost them. Imagine the clutter in your RF installation if you downloaded all of those. Too many people using the swap pages as a build thread. Is it possible to upload to the swaps on a near-daily basis, and have the files be worth downloading and keeping? From what I've seen here since G3.5, the best or even good stuff takes much longer than that to produce. Please don't encourage uploads, mystery. There's more crap being posted than ever before.

But hey, not to disregard the amazing works of art that are on here. I sure don't encourage clutter, but I think the talented folks are way too "taken for granted".

When you open a "public" site, the only thing you can do to control how many crap uploads there are is to moderate every single one of them. Not possible, there are too many. It's free for all, and when it's open free for all, you get free BS, that simple. And tons of it. I've never been on a swap forum before, matter of fact never heard of them, but what can one expect. ;)

I see you have strong feelings about this, Jeff.
It would help though, not to mention the saved web space and the ease of navigation for those looking for quality files.

Back