G

Kawasaki KI-61 Hien_AV

GIblackmomba

GIblackmomba submitted a new upload:

Kawasaki KI-61 Hien_AV

The Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien "flying swallow" was a Japanese World War II fighter aircraft used by the Imperial Japanese Army Air Force. In 1942, the American Volunteer Group (AVG) flying P-40B Warhawks, nicknamed these planes "The Tony"

This model is powered by DA 150 Gas powered engine.

Brake = Channel 8
Split Flaps = Channel 6 (knob)
Retracts = Channel 7
Dual rates = Channel 5

For realistic flight use low rates. Enjoy!

View the Swap Page

Message to Glblackmomba from Kawasaki_Ki_61_Junkie. I downloaded your file "Kawasaki KI-61 Hien_AV with my RealFlight 9 radio-controlled model aircraft simulation program. The image of the aircraft is superb from every angle. My transmitter is a Spektrum Dx6eA, and I think that it is not really up to the task of controlling this elaborate model aircraft (with retractable landing gear, and adjustable split flaps, wheel brakes, and engine coolant radiator flap.) The model aircraft has the split flaps deployed, and I haven't found a way to raise the flaps. The model aircraft acted as if the brakes were on, and I haven't found a way to unset the brakes. Nevertheless, with lots of engine power and up-elevator, I was able to overpower the brakes and take off successfully (in a very short distance), fly the aircraft, and land it. However, with the brakes on, the model aircraft rolls forward onto its nose as it comes to a stop, regardless of my efforts to prevent such a mishap. How embarrassing! I will try to find a transmitter with more channels and switches, so that I can unset the brakes and raise the flaps. Thank you very much for posting this very excellent and exciting RealFlight 9 radio controlled model aircraft flight simulator file!

Back