Ke, You Need To Come Up For A Solution For This!

Rubbish!

If it works so good and easy how come when you hit join a session
there is on average 4 or 5 people hosting a session!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure more than 5 people bought RF!!! :rolleyes:

Duhhh!

I have been playing internet games since the 2400 baud modem came out
and I have never struggled with hosting a multiplayer session ON ANY GAME
I HAD, OR CURRENTY HAVE! You click host give your game a name and Poof
people join like crazy!!! What games you say??? HALO, MS FLIGHT SIM 2004,
ARMY OPS, BATTLEFIELD 2, ANY OF THE NEED FOR SPEEDS, CALL OF DUTY,
UNREAL, FALCON 4, AND THE LIST CAN GO ON AND ON... Yes i have a router, with DSL and yes I have NAT and a software firewall!!!! But can I host in RF G3 NOPE!
Case Dismissed!
:rolleyes:
KEEP IT SIMPLE...JUST FIX IT. Too pricey of a Simulator not to have that corrected!

MadDog out!

You're just connecting at the wrong times.

During certain periods you will see far more servers.

I frequently pick up 20 or more available servers, while at other times it does drop back to 3-5.

"duh" Case dismissed.

I'm sitting behind a Linksys router and I've tried enabling the UNPNP or whatever feature that is your referring to. I was still unable to host. The message I receive upon trying to host is "IP Address Not Found." Which would seem to me that my router is just not letting G3 out because the message is immediate. I play other multplayer games online, but I'm not trying to host with those games either. I'm joining a server, just like with G3. Joining other sessions through my router is not a problem, it's just with hosting.

I've also tried to use the port forwarding feature and input port 2300 through whatever was specified in another thread I read... Still unable to host. If I remove the router from the mix, I can host all day.

L

The easiest fix I suspect would be for Knife Edge to implement a patch that forces the host to designate an IP address rather than have the game call for it through Direct Play. However, from the dates of these posts and the number of people who are having problems, I can guess that this kind of patch is not in the immediate future.

I have been able to host ONLY when disconnecting my router and plugging the NIC into my cable modem. Aside from that nothing else works, including DMZ.

If you know what ports G3 is using when hosting multiplayer then you can forward them on your router and it should all be good.

You can forward the ports but you can't be sure it works. Lots of people know for years how port-forwarding is done and they still can't host. The only workaround is the loopback hack posted in this forum ( great idea !!!!)

For me nothing else helps...

I has never worked properly for me

I got tired of trying to get on line it would work then it would not. I could host, but I never joined a session.

As others already did I can say that it's Knifeedge's turn to give some explanations to this issue !!!

-The faqs concerning port-forwarding still refer to G2 (!!); are they still up to date ??
-What exact specifications does a router need to have ???
-or is it simply a bug ????

please. there are lots of people waiting for an answer one these questions.

Jörg

Back