KeMax failing to initialize in 3ds Max

tele1974

I have attempted to finish the installation of KeMax via the following read me file but I am getting an error.

The first error reads. Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ?GetRsrcString@ClassDesc@@UAEPADH@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library core.dll.

Click OK.

Then this error pops up.

DLL <C:\Program Files\Knife Edge Software\KEMax\Plugins\kemax.dle> failed to initialize. Error code 127 - The specified procedure could not be found.

What the???? I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. Should the path be to the folder or the "kemax.dle" file?

Help

Here's the read me file text.

PLEASE READ: Additional steps required to complete product installation.

To avoid installation issues, the KEMax installer does not manipulate your 3ds Max installation in any way. Before you will be able to use the KEMax export filter, you will have to register it with 3ds Max. The following instructions will help you to do this.

1. Launch 3ds Max
2. From the "Customize" menu, select "Configure System Paths..."
3. Switch to the "3rd Party Plug-Ins" tab
4. Click "Add..."
5. Browse to the "KEMax\Plugins" directory. By default, this is either:
(32-bit OS): "C:\Program Files\Knife Edge Software\KEMax\Plugins"
-or-
(64-bit OS): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Knife Edge Software\KEMax\Plugins"
6. Specify a label for the new path entry, e.g. "KEMax"
7. Click "Use Path"
8. Click "OK"
9. Restart 3ds Max

When you choose to remove the KEMax export plug-in, you will want to remove the entry.

I get that too, but only because i have KEMax 2012 with 3ds max 2013.
You need the KEMax that maches the year of your 3ds Max. KEMax 2013 is not out yet.:(

What version of max are you using? 2012 32 bit is the latest supported version. 64 bit will not run the exporter.

Of coarse its free. Just uninstall and go back to Autodesk and select 2012. Having only a single licence is not a problem no matter how many versions you download.

Of coarse its free. Just uninstall and go back to Autodesk and select 2012. Having only a single licence is not a problem no matter how many versions you download.

Will my files from the 2013 version be able to be opened by the 2012 version?

You have to install the 32 bit version... not the 64 bit version. I think that is right?? Kex exporter worked for me when I installed that... I have 2013 64 bit, 2012 64 bit, and 2012 32 bit all installed at the same time.

Well, I made some mistakes getting started...but it is sorted now and I will remove 2013 and the 64 bit versions after some more reading. I assume the 64 bit version can work on much larger projects as it can address more memory. Heck, with a couple of terabytes disk space, it is not that big of a deal.

Heck, with a couple of terabytes disk space, it is not that big of a deal.
Until you start modeling and saving incrementally every so often. And doing the same with your CS build files, which are of course 4,096. I see adding another hard drive in my future.

Before 2012 3ds max was installed, it showed 32/64-bit. Now it only installed 64-bit. What do I do if I have a 64-bit computer if there isn't a KEmax 2012 64-bit?

Until you start modeling and saving incrementally every so often. And doing the same with your CS build files, which are of course 4,096. I see adding another hard drive in my future.

Or just burn them to a CD, right?

Back