Landing gear retracts fail to work

Savage

Hi,

Well, I just upgraded and then updated, and then ran Realflight G5. The first thing I noticed was that it looked a little more realistic, and the flying seems a little more realistic. Unfortunately the landing gear is not working on several aircraft when it should. Example: At-6 Texan retracts will not retract. Another, P51 retracts do not respond to any switch. Sometimes they seem automatic and retract on their own but I seem to have no control over them. What is happening here? Did my program get corrupted? or is there some software glitch occuring?

Driftair

Ergg. now I need to eat my words!!!
I tried it again just after this posting and the retracts with the right side top switch for retracts! The one it should work with according to the indicators around the switch on the controller. Go figure!

Last edited:
Are you flying a plane that is armed? The retracts and flaps are automatic on those. I just looked at the AT-6, and noticed that the retracts do work. However, if you take off, retract the gear, and respawn, the gear will be down and the retract switch will be up. Hit the retract switch, and nothing happens. Hit it again, and the gear goes up.

Last edited:
Me too

I am also seeing this issue.
I upgraded from 3.5 and am having issues with the retracts. In particular it seems that I have to cycle the switch up then back down and the gear retracts on the down movement of the switch. Strange.

Retracts seem slow to respond

I have found that the retracts work more often than not but their response time is sometimes slow, and at other times seems to be mostly automatic as someone said regarding some of the fighter craft.

Aircraft that have the new rockets, and machine guns for MP combat have automatic Landing gear and flaps... the dual rate and smoke switch now control the armament.

The original air craft in the original configuration still exists.

All retract equipped aircraft now default on re-spawn to a gear down position. Especially annoying when using a retractable gear floatplane that always spawns with the gear down. Another 'newbie' feature added to G5 I suppose, like the default zoom thing. :rolleyes:

I am also seeing this issue.
I upgraded from 3.5 and am having issues with the retracts. In particular it seems that I have to cycle the switch up then back down and the gear retracts on the down movement of the switch. Strange.

Same issue here. I even did a clean install of G5.

For the stock planes and some of the imported aircraft, reversing the retract switch (Ch 7 on the Controller Mapping) seemed to fix this problem.

For a few of my other imported customer aircraft, I still needed to cycle the switch down, up, down to get the retracts to work even after changing the Channel mapping. Like the P2V-7 Neptune and the T-34C Mentor for example.

For these models, also reversing channel 7 on the aircraft itself in addition to the reversing the Controller Mapping Ch 7 fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Back