Laptop for G4.5

hvta53

Hello everybody,
I'm new here,I'm plan to buy a lap top to run with G4.5 sim.If anybody know which brand and model laptop computer work perfectly with this sim.Please respond here or PM me I'm appreciated. :)

Hi

I'm running the g4.5 on my work Laptop.
IBM Lenovo T61p (with 3 GB RAM)

I'm running 200 frames per sec
No depht Field.
Shadow Q Medium
Shadow Map Q High
Particle Q high
Stramer Hig
Texture Highest
Misc Q Highest

Runs great :)

A laptop that will run RF "perfectly" will cost you probably more than you hope to spend. The problem is that most people don't need a laptop with true 3D capabilities, so the graphic card is lacking. Find one with an Nvidia 8800 and a Core 2 duo or Core 2 quad (if there is such a thing) and at least 2 GB RAM. For a laptop, that'll run you North of 2 Grand. Another good way to shop is to go to your local computer store and tell the kid there that you want a gaming laptop.

BigIreland said:
how about this one?
Asus Notebook
One of the reviews there calls it a 'Hardcore gaming laptop.' I'm not sure I'd go that far, but for the money, it looks alright. It'd probably do an okay job running RF. I'm sure you have plans of doing other things with it, as well. $750? Maybe I need a new laptop, too. ;)

Not a bad price...

If it only were a 98xx series instead of a 96xx series vid card...

I am also looking for a laptop also that I can run G4.5 on. There where two I was looking at. One was a Dell w /256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT and an HP with NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics 512MB dedicated video memory and up to 2302MB total. Would either of those be good enough?

HP with 9600 (512mb ram) would be better than the first. And Dual Core if it is, would make it iven better. You should be able to meet optimum requirements with a laptop. 2.4gz dual core, 2gig system ram, 512 video ram. I prefer nVidia cards myself. I have the 9800.

B-)

Had an error and I hope this doesn't end up being a double post. Regardless, this is the laptop that I'm going with. Did lots of research and comparing and this looks like a great deal.

Gateway P-7805u

for me
Hp laptop dv7-1020
2 gig ram
2ghz process
standanrd graphic card
no issues here

the best thing i can take to cali or into the other room
Phonedrn8

I dunno Man

BigIreland said:
how about this one?
Asus Notebook

MAke sure you wanna do this !! Is that a 14" monitor and is that the Hard drive speed? I wouldnt want anything any less than 7900. I run a Inspiron 9400 17" monitor,Intel Duo Core.2.2 gigs ram,Nvidia 7900GX Basically The Alienware Game box.I had this Built 2 yrs agoand payed a few dollars for it but I think They now call it an XPS for around 2 Large I think. :D

Laptop for G4.5 sim

Hello,
First of all ,I like to thanks for everybody take their time to answer my question.I finally decided to get Gateway P-7805u laptop.This machine ran great with G4.5 sim without any problem,fps I have always 240 or more.
Wishing everybody have a great time with Realflight sim.

I was looking for laptops also for Real Flight and just bought an ASUS G50Vt-X1 from Best Buy. It runs RealFlight with no problem. It has the NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS. The only downside is the battery. My other choice was also the Gateway P-7805u.

Will rf 3.5 run on a macbook pro with 4mb RAm and 256 MB video ram? Most importantly will it run under parallels or bootcamp?

People have success using bootcamp here. As far as your graphics card, that'll depend on it's 3D capability. Search 'bootcamp' here for more info.

Dell XPS 1210 works well too... at FR = 50 to 100

I use RF 4.5 on my Dell XPS 1210 and it works fine for me. I travel around a lot, and this sim really keeps me entertained. It feels like I am one of the kids with their Play Stations, and I am with my RF sim. The only thing that I wish was more compact is the controller. Getting on and off the plane sometimes is a real hastle too with the controller.

The windows experience index if you are using vista, it is 3.3 for me. The highest is 6.0. That means a Core 2 DUO 2.16GHz, 2.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400. It was 1K USD 2 years ago from Dell refurbish. I have had no problem at all with it.

My sim performance for me is more than acceptable at frame rates between 50 to 100 depending on stuff I would have running in the back ground like Word of Exel or DL some files...

By the way... I leave graphic settings on default.

Last edited:
Good idea, we need a portable interlink... maybe inflatable or fold up. Maybe a flashing holographic sign displayed in the air, don't bother me, I am not gaming, I am flying a predator over Pakistan searching for insurgents. :) :D :eek:

blueflame95050 said:
I use RF 4.5 on my Dell XPS 1210 and it works fine for me. I travel around a lot, and this sim really keeps me entertained. It feels like I am one of the kids with their Play Stations, and I am with my RF sim. The only thing that I wish was more compact is the controller. Getting on and off the plane sometimes is a real hastle too with the controller.

Back