launch almost impossible

alexrpm

I am a Mac guy and I bought a new laptop with windows 8 yesterday only for play RF 7. Right click on .exe and nothing happens. I had to turned off the laptop several times to try the installation again. So I let the pc and after 30 min the installation started. But now it not launch. I read in this forum that I have to update windows. What? That is a new laptop with a new windows version. I will read another topics and I hope I will find a solution but I think it's not acceptable. Of course, I am writing this using my Mac because windows laptop its not working trying to launch RF. Any suggestions? Greetings from Brazil.

I would not assume that you have the most recent version of Windows. I have purchase many new computers from Dell and HP and they all required updates from Microsoft make them current.

Have you tried copying the contents of the DVD to a folder on your laptop and tried running the install from there?

As I read his question... he has the sim software installed.

While it is always good to keep the operating system up to date, Real Flight runs on Windows 8 original release. Are you running the Real Flight Launcher, or the RealFlight.EXE File? Or are you running the installer again? I would take out the install disk to prevent reinstalling.

Try running the file c:\Program Files (x86)\RealFlight7\Launcher7.exe
or c:\Program Files (x86)\RealFlight7\RealFlight.exe

You can find the search tool located by hovering in the upper right corner of screen and then select the magnify symbol. Enter Launcher or RealFlight
You can make desktop icons to launch real flight in the future.

Last edited:
What's happened to me before is I tried clicking on the icon it made on my computer, and it didn't work. What I found out is that the icon does nothing. You have to go into your start menu and click on real flight from there, then delete the old icon and make a new one.
Hope that helps
RG

So I let the pc and after 30 min the installation started. But now it not launch. I read in this forum that I have to update windows. What? That is a new laptop with a new windows version. I will read another topics and I hope I will find a solution but I think it's not acceptable.

This is not a problem with Realflight.

It is a problem with your PC. That is what is causing the "not acceptable" delay.

It is a well documented issue now.

See: This thread: Click me!

One of the drivers on your computer has a bug in it, that has been cured with a later release.

Uninstall Realflight.

Update Windows to 8.1 and update your affected driver files.

More info about the delay problem may be found on this forum and others.

Re-install Realflight with elevated privileges, run it as administrator once, and you are done.

Last edited:
Back