Lay-Ze

Hey Technioid, looking real nice, I love the framework. Was wondering if you got the rudder issue resolved, and, are you going to taper the trailing edge of the wing and/or the leading edge of the aileron were the two meet.??

Here you go a render showing the taper I just added to the ailerons. I haven't done the stabilizers yet I need to skin them first. Been pushing that back but it's about time to do it.

Attachments

• Lay-Ze 22.jpg
    Lay-Ze 22.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 9
Well, I`ll have to admit, when you said surprise, retracts were the first thing that crossed my mind. Glad to see them come, very nice indeed. Also, the canopy does look clearer in the pic., a screenshot or two from inside the cockpit would be a nice teaser if that`s poss. at this time..:D

It's a very simple cockpit and I'm not an artist at all so I do the best I can, but don't expect the kind of cool work I've see Boof69 and others do. But here's two renders, one from the front and one inside looking at the dashboard. When I do the CS I'll add self lit gauges where only the face is shown, no surround at all. Think embedded LCD gauges. The gauge set will be pretty minimal so you can see through the dashboard as you fly, this plane is all about the view. The bezel is actually very dark but the lighting is making it show up light in one of the renders.

Attachments

• Lay-Ze 23.jpg
    Lay-Ze 23.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Lay-Ze 24.jpg
    Lay-Ze 24.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 5
Yes getting the wheels wells in for retracts can be a great pain sometimes. And then if the retracts need to rotate on more than one axis it's really a pain. Some of mine have needed all three axis to retract and were a terrible trail and error over and over and over to get them to work right. But lucky for me this is only one axis so the only pain will be getting the wheel wells setup.

Speaking of weapons, do you have my Civil Defense?

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/21988

Sure do .. who do you think posted the Civil Defense 200 AV ? I always loved the red/white/blue tri-color smoke with the matching color scheme.

Sure do .. who do you think posted the Civil Defense 200 AV ? I always loved the red/white/blue tri-color smoke with the matching color scheme.

Okay cool! Sorry about that I don't really look at my planes for add-ons once the initial upload time goes by (a couple of weeks or so). And you might have told me, but I'm an old guy I'd forget. But cool I'm glad you did that it's nice to see someone working with my stuff :) A huge compliment for me.. Thanks!

Tiny Update: I skinned the wings today, a pain because I didn't do it first but I got there. Here's a picture with the skin on the wings. The stabilizers are next.

Attachments

• Lay-Ze 25.jpg
    Lay-Ze 25.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 6
Very nice technoid i like it so the CS can be semi transparent at any place on the wings to show off the wing structure

It's a very simple cockpit and I'm not an artist at all so I do the best I can, but don't expect the kind of cool work I've see Boof69 and others do. But here's two renders, one from the front and one inside looking at the dashboard. When I do the CS I'll add self lit gauges where only the face is shown, no surround at all. Think embedded LCD gauges. The gauge set will be pretty minimal so you can see through the dashboard as you fly, this plane is all about the view. The bezel is actually very dark but the lighting is making it show up light in one of the renders.
I was hoping that you were going to use the onboard cam., in flight...:p :D

I was hoping that you were going to use the onboard cam., in flight...:p :D

Yes the onboard cam is fully functional now and I fly with it all the time I thought I posted how it worked, but here's how it works if I forgot.

Rudder turns camera right/left
Aileron rotates camera counter clockwise/clockwise
Elevator rotates camera up/down

So the steering wheel AND the camera moves with the flight controls. I think it's a very nice effect and again thanks to everyone for there help researching and creating an AV so all I had to do is take a quick look and use what I seen. I have a blast slow flying it and cutting close in or doing a really late climb just before I hit it. Ha! Seeing the steering wheel move and having the camera move to doubles the effect. Very fun to me.

Yes the onboard cam is fully functional now and I fly with it all the time I thought I posted how it worked, but here's how it works if I forgot.

Rudder turns camera right/left
Aileron rotates camera counter clockwise/clockwise
Elevator rotates camera up/down

So the steering wheel AND the camera moves with the flight controls. I think it's a very nice effect and again thanks to everyone for there help researching and creating an AV so all I had to do is take a quick look and use what I seen. I have a blast slow flying it and cutting close in or doing a really late climb just before I hit it. Ha! Seeing the steering wheel move and having the camera move to doubles the effect. Very fun to me.
OK, I`ll try again, what I was hoping for, was some screenshots, USING the onboard cam. so that we can see the interior and what it`s like to look out from the camera/pilots point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ5ypv942F4
OK, I`ll try again, what I was hoping for, was some screenshots, USING the onboard cam. so that we can see the interior and what it`s like to look out from the camera/pilots point of view.

Oh... Duh! Okay I'd do a couple and post them.

UPDATE: I made a couple of screen shots but they really didn't give a good look of what it's like flying in the cockpit view, so I made a 5 minute video flying around the Zenjima (Island of Enlightenment) airfield. The first thing I do is show the different views of the plane and then switch to cockpit view and move the flight controls just sitting there so you can see what the camera and cockpit controls do when you move the sticks. Once you're in the air it's harder to tell since everything is moving. Anyway take a look it will probably give you want you want the best. Of course until I create the color scheme the dashboard will be clear without any instruments. Here's a link to the video and don't forget to use the gear icon and change to 720p HD, the video looks much better if you do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ5ypv942F4

Last edited:
LOL,...Take your time Technoid, I`m sure everyone watching this thread will love those shots, I know I will. ;)

+1
And hey .. it's not like RF is giving us anything new to enjoy where as only you and a couple others are. I still think those of you still designing content should get a free copy of RF8 when and if it comes out of beta.

+1
And hey .. it's not like RF is giving us anything new to enjoy where as only you and a couple others are. I still think those of you still designing content should get a free copy of RF8 when and if it comes out of beta.
Well, IT DID happen once before BD, a few years back, I don`t know if your including me in your comment, I`ve been holding out for RF8 (bypassed RF7) but it would be nice to get a freebie of RF8, but not holding my breath on that one. I would really like to get back into doing CS`s, FE has kept me alive with a couple (?) of his models, really looking forward to Legomans DC-3, as he has stated that he`ll release it RF 6.5, I`ve always loved the DC-3, great plane, rates right up there with I don`t know how many planes, but surly in the top 5 of my favorites.

LOL,...Take your time Technoid, I`m sure everyone watching this thread will love those shots, I know I will. ;)

Okay here's three screen shots for you. But remember the dashboard is bare because I haven't done the CS for the plane yet, but there will be self lit gauges embedded in the dashboard with nothing but the face of the gauge showing so you can see through the dashboard really well.

Attachments

• Lay-Ze 26.jpg
    Lay-Ze 26.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 11
  • Lay-Ze 27.jpg
    Lay-Ze 27.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Lay-Ze 28.jpg
    Lay-Ze 28.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 8
Back