Lil Help w/Evolution Upgrade and AeroScout 2 Setup

ProfessorGT

I'm not sure I completely understand the Issue, but I just got back into the hobby, purchasing an AeroScout S with the DXS Radio, and at the same time, separately upgrading RF G5 to Evo with the WS2000 USB dongle. I was able to get everything loaded and working (Downloaded through Steam and running on PC) but my questions are:

1) When I flip either the H or F switches on the transmitter I see no response on the screen transmitter view
2) Whe I try to change flight modes from Safe to anything else, the only button that seems to do anything is the A- Bind button, but all it does is highlight AS3X: Experienced for as long as I hold the button, but then goes right back to SAFE when the button is released.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. TIA!

Last edited:
You need to do a little more adjustment of the Controller Profile in RealFlight. The default settings for the WS2000 don't quite get the job done.

The short answer to your question about the flight modes is that you need edit the Controller Profile to associate the radio channel on Switch B on the DXS with RealFlight virtual channel 8 or "Mode".

For a lot more detail with pictures and such, I have a writeup here about setting up the WS1000/2000 dongles with real transmitters. You really don't need to worry about all of the stuff you can change on the radio side, as the DXS isn't that easy to configure and you don't want to mess up your AeroScout setup anyway. But it will still help you get things set up in RF.

You need to do a little more adjustment of the Controller Profile in RealFlight. The default settings for the WS2000 don't quite get the job done.

The short answer to your question about the flight modes is that you need edit the Controller Profile to associate the radio channel on Switch B on the DXS with RealFlight virtual channel 8 or "Mode".

For a lot more detail with pictures and such, I have a writeup here about setting up the WS1000/2000 dongles with real transmitters. You really don't need to worry about all of the stuff you can change on the radio side, as the DXS isn't that easy to configure and you don't want to mess up your AeroScout setup anyway. But it will still help you get things set up in RF.
Thanks very much. I'll be reviewing this and implementing later today (Sunday 5/28)!

Thanks very much. I'll be reviewing this and implementing later today (Sunday 5/28)!
Not real happy w/Horizon. Turns out the brandy-spankin new DXS transmitter that came with the AeroScout is an older version which needs a software update, so I can't reprogram it to work until I spend another ~$30 for the cables and wait for them to arrive in the mail, before I can train. Going to the field tomorrow, so if I put it in, it will probably be the last Horizon Hobby product I buy.:mad:

You don't need to update it or change it in order for it to work with the WS2000. What indicated that you need to do that?

You also may not want to change it if it's working with your AeroScout already.

@ProfessorGT, as @flightengr said you shouldn't have to change anything on your DXS for it to work with the WS2000 in RealFlight. In fact, configuring RealFlight to work with it should be very easy! RealFlight already ships with a radio profile designed for exactly that radio.
  1. From RealFlight's main menu, select Settings -> Controller -> Configure Controller.
  2. Under "SPEKTRUM RECEIVER", click the "Profile" dropdown.
  3. Find and select the "Spektrum Receiver (DXS)" profile.
  4. Click OK.
Now the three-position switch B your DXS should select between all three available flight modes.

Back