Looking for G2 interlink upgrade

Modawg73

Hello all,

I just bought an interlink controller from ebay.

Didn't know I needed a software upgrade to make it work. WIll the tech support people email you a copy of it?

Anyone here have a copy of it?

I also have a copy of the latest version upgrade package to upgrade manually.

Let me know.

Ken

Why did you buy an Interlink without the software? What software do you have that you are trying to upgrade? Which Interlink did you buy? Buying an Interlink without the software that is supposed to be included with it is a bad idea. I suppose you could call tech support to ask them if they'll email you a copy of the "software upgrade." https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=22007

This smells fishy.

As I said in my post, i didn't know that I needed the software.

Not sure why it sounds fishy.

I did email the tech support last night, but the searches I did on this forum said it was dicontinued and that they weren't supporting it. I was hoping to play last night if piracy is a concern, I can certainly provide photos of my disks ( RF deluxe, Rf2 upgrade, Add-Ons 1,3)

I guess I was a little dumb for getting the USB controller, but I didn't think about the driver issue

I also mentioned the upgrade to 2.00.7?? (thelast upgrade) because I saw people were looking for it and since KES discontinued giving it out, ithought it might help people of they needed it. Is there some reason I shouldn't share that with others?

Ken

Ken

You should try calling tech support and explaining to them that you need a replacement disc for G2 since you have the controller and no installation disc. They *may * be able to help you obtain a disc but, I think it's a long shot that they would have any given how long it's been out of support. They should also be able to help you in obtaining the last update.

Alternately, if you don't have any luck with support you can look on e-bay or some of the RC forums like RCUniverse.com, RCGroups.com, RunRyder.com and there you can sometimes find people offering orphaned discs. Also, the last update for G2 is located on the Add-ons 5 disc which you can also find in the above mentioned locations.

G2 is still a lot of fun to use and the cool nostalgic music is pretty funny to listen to. :D

Good luck

People have posted before about calling tech support for a replacement copy of G2. They have posted that tech support does not have any more.

The SW upgrade

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I have G2 (2.00.533 on CD) w/ USB Interlink Cntrl. I'm interested in getting the 2.00.717 upgrade file, if that is what Modawg73 was talking about.

I got G2 a LONG time ago and I now have the time to install on my new computer and get back to flying. I guess I'll need the reg svr to come back online before I can be successful with the new install (I saw in another thread that GP Support had indicated a request to the PM to do that).

Modawg, can you send the .717 file to glenn.gapconsult@gmail.com?

Thanks in advance,

stump1233

Well, I am learning a lot about G2

It appears that there are really two separate software versions of G2. One for the gameport controller, and one for the usb controller. I spoke with RealFlight Technical support. They said that they no longer sell the USB Upgrade version of RF G2. I could buy RF G2 Lite for $10, but I don't know if that would allow me to use my add-ons disks. I have to ask.

I say all that to say that I do have a manual upgrade file for G2, named RealFlight2_00_723.exe, but I would expect that to be for the Gameport controller version. I would suspect that it wouldn't work for the USB version.

Ken

Back