Looking for someone who can model a A-6 Intruder

OK, well then, pick what AV you like best AND the CS you like best. Get both (AV / CS) of them flying in RF, test it, see if you like everything, let us know, and we can go from there. I usually turn on my computer around noon Pacific time. if anyone wants to chime before that, feel free. I`m hittin` the hay. ;)

I think I have it all sorted out ... one thing I did notice ... Moto Guzzi's AV is a bit smaller than ViennaLex76's version ... not an issue that I can tell, but also didn't see anything that should have changed the size ... but, I know nothing ... :eek:

... but, I know nothing ... :eek:

...sez the guy who can edit and upload video...:)

Dont know how mine ended up smaller than the original...

I WAS playing with ANOTHER AV thats going to be 50% size, and was jacking the visual and physics percentages up and down to get as close to 27.5 foot wide....

Maybe one of my "drop 10%" adjustments was on the wrong model?

D'oh! :)

...sez the guy who can edit and upload video...:)

Dont know how mine ended up smaller than the original...

I WAS playing with ANOTHER AV thats going to be 50% size, and was jacking the visual and physics percentages up and down to get as close to 27.5 foot wide....

Maybe one of my "drop 10%" adjustments was on the wrong model?

D'oh! :)

I wouldn't worry about it ... I have flown so many versions of this a-6, that I may have overlooked something, also being up late and now up early ... :eek:

I am working on the verbiage to insert into the description block. I renamed the A-6 title the way it will show up in the swap page, and into the Grumman A-6 Intruder Family tree ... I am not taking any credit for this other than starting the fire ... ;)

If you find something and wish to alter it, just shoot me a PM ... or post it here and I will deal with it ...

Thanks ...
David

Last edited:
Ok, I have uploaded Moto Guzzi's AV and CS files to the swap pages.

GRUMMAN A-6 INTRUDER_RF8_MG_AV
VA-52 KNIGHT RIDERS CV-63_NAM'71
va-52knightriderscv63_nam%277133152.jpg

VA-52 KNIGHT RIDERS CV-63_alternate
va-52knightriderscv63_alt36741.jpg

I also want to give major shout outs to the following:
Doug Schluter and his RF 8 A-6 Modification

BrokeDad for his initial A-6 contributions and modifications.

Adrenoline60 and his numerous paint schemes.

Uncle Twist for his support and contributions.

ViennaLex76 for creating the initial model of the A-6E Intruder

And lastly,
to my dear friend, and former A-6A Driver

Lieutenant Bobby Sears
"EASY"

grumman-a-6-intruder-tribute-shirt-featuring-va-14.png

Thank you for everything

Last edited:
OK, so your next step is to create your "RFX" files... Have the plane on a runway in RF, Click on "SIMULATION" (upper left in the bar menu) from there, click on "EXPORT", you`ll get a menu with 3 options (CS, AV, EA) click on AV, another window will pop up, it should have the AV`s name in it, if everything is to your liking, click on "SAVE". Now, do the same steps over, Only when you get too the 3 options in "EXPORT", this time you`ll click the CS option, again, checking that the name is correct, if all`s well click on save. You should now have an RFX file in for RF , Go into your computer files to make sure they`re there. You may or may or not have to Navigate to them later during uploading them to the swaps. let us know if that worked out for you.

Nice to see it on swaps,

For the record, the base scheme is/was by Devil Dog 505 by 211.

It was a beautifuly rendered A-6 I just modified it.

Like many things in life, I stand on the shoulders of Heros

Well Heck, I didn`t see that Moto, thanks for the post. I guess DDawg knew more about uploading to the swaps than I thought.:p

Now, if he can teach just ME to edit/upload RF vids to you tube, I could really have some fun

That would be the easy part ... I thought I already mentioned it to you ...
but I will do this again ...

I record oll my videos live using a screen capture program ...
I own Fraps, been using it forever ... once owned, it's yours forever.

Next you can download the free video editor/Movie Maker from Microsoft

Simple to use ... easier than uploading to the swap page ...

But I still cant get a skin I painted to show up on the plane ... so I know I am stupid ... :(

Well I figured out how to Paint all over again ... I have my template, I posted my

"Clean Slate"

https://forums.realflight.com/downloads/on_deck_7Bv.jpg

My layer'd template is too large of a file to post anywhere ...

Here is my Idea of what the A6 should look like ... not done goofing around yet ...

Video Tease
Not the best landing I ever made ...

I think this "GUPPY" needs a set of teeth on its nose ... lol ... that WILL happen on the next paint ... of the A6 ...

Attachments

• ScreenShot1515879536.jpg
    ScreenShot1515879536.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot1515879475.jpg
    ScreenShot1515879475.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot1515879600.jpg
    ScreenShot1515879600.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot1515880496.jpg
    ScreenShot1515880496.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot1515880732.jpg
    ScreenShot1515880732.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The making of dentures begins .... sure wish That ViennaLex76 would reply ... I wold love to see a modified version without the radar dome under the nose ... the "A" version was the most produced of the A-6s ... and I felt the best looking.

I liked my first set of teeth, but the radar dome got in the way ...
so, I had to modify the dentures to go around the dome ...

Now it becomes the issue of lining up the one side to the other ... And fining the part for the intake ... so I can paint gills ... oh, then it needs eyes ... lol

Oh what fun ...

I wish I could find my templates I use to have of my "Critter's Teeth" ... I would have tried to use them
33540_7bb5170272c5bb322741e62831d55c09.jpg

or even sharkie's teeth ...
33540_be7968d11a76f90c6489416f68cb03b3.jpg

Attachments

• ScreenShot1516216861.jpg
    ScreenShot1516216861.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 12
  • ScreenShot1516236933.jpg
    ScreenShot1516236933.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1516236987.jpg
    ScreenShot1516236987.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Ok, I have uploaded Moto Guzzi's AV and CS files to the swap pages.

GRUMMAN A-6 INTRUDER_RF8_MG_AV
VA-52 KNIGHT RIDERS CV-63_NAM'71
va-52knightriderscv63_nam%277133152.jpg

VA-52 KNIGHT RIDERS CV-63_alternate
va-52knightriderscv63_alt36741.jpg

I also want to give major shout outs to the following:
Doug Schluter and his RF 8 A-6 Modification

BrokeDad for his initial A-6 contributions and modifications.

Adrenoline60 and his numerous paint schemes.

Uncle Twist for his support and contributions.

ViennaLex76 for creating the initial model of the A-6E Intruder

And lastly,
to my dear friend, and former A-6A Driver

Lieutenant Bobby Sears
"EASY"

grumman-a-6-intruder-tribute-shirt-featuring-va-14.png

Thank you for everything

It pains me to say that I have buried two people in the last week.
Today I was there to witness my friend's wife ... And watch a grown man cry on my shoulders ... which he did for me, 11 years ago,when my Dad Passed away.

Last Thursday, I had to attend my very dear friend, Bobby Sears to rest. Born March 21, 1943 and passed June 2,2019.

Lt. Bobby "Easy" Sears was the reason this thread was started way back when... I reached out to the community and in return, several people stepped up, and mad a recreation of his plane he flew in 'Nam ... He never was one to really talk about his tours on the Kitty Hawk and the Coral Sea ... but the more we hung out, he would open up and let me know of a few of he's missions and the time he was shot down.

He wasn't happy with the missions he flew, knowing he put his *** on the line to bomb a truck in a bunch of trees somewhere, only to take ground fire and find his rear in the water, swimming back to shore ... the good thing was, he was rescued rather quickly.

We flew a bit ... up to the last six months when the cancer, finally had taken the final death grip and he was under hospice care.

I just thought I would once again thank those that had help bring his loved A-6 back to life for him ... He really did like it a lot.

I still fly, however... not much as I did. My heath hasn't been as good as I would like, and I have been back into playing my Bass more actively. Too many hobbies and never enough time for all of them. Life too, always gets in the way.

Thank you all again.
I may get back to painting skins again someday ... but that is depending on what happens in the future. as for now, I only fly RC about 5 minutes per month ... then talk with the other members at the club .... planes last longer that way ...

https://forums.realflight.com/downloads/screenshot1515533012_xrt.jpg

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/stockton-ca/bobby-sears-8733794

Last edited:
Hey DDawg, good too hear from you again, really sorry to hear about your friend Bobby,..... I speak for myself and the others that made a contribution (big or small) to the plane, so that Bobby could "fly" his plane again in RF, we`re all a family here in the forums and are glad too help in any way we can. I`m glad the plane came to fruition for him and that I was able to contribute in some way, so, thank`s for recognizing me along with others that contributed as well, very much appreciated. Hope to see another CS from you in the future, you do great job`s...;);):D

D Dawg,

Wow, Just noticed the last additions to this thread...

Its evening, Fourth of July, 2019...Fireworks and Patriots on my mind, and now I read this about Bobby....perhaps fitting in a way, but I'm sorry I did not see this sooner...

It was a great pleasure and honor to do a little tweaking to that color scheme for him. I do hope he enjoyed seeing it.

Rest Easy, Sailor...you earned it.

Back