Maj. Numbskully's Request A CS

Isn't there already a red bull CS for the 300L?
I would need to have good clean screenys/pics of some of those other logos ..I thought you did CSs mikey?............ this thread is really for the CS challenged

Thank you so much.

Sorry that I haven't had the time to thank you for the color schemes. But I have downloaded them and they are great. thanks for making them. :D

Gr34t pl4n3s you need to clear your PM box
Well after a short break I'm back on the Diamond Back VFA-102 50th Anniversary CS
I' m making for Gr34t pl4n3s
heres where I am so far there is still much to do like rescale some of the graphics redo the _ntga etc. ............and yes those are panel lines :D

Attachments

• aadiamond3.jpg
    aadiamond3.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 15
  • ScreenShot1272937591.jpg
    ScreenShot1272937591.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 12
  • ScreenShot1272937656.jpg
    ScreenShot1272937656.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 18
  • aadiamond2.jpg
    aadiamond2.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot1272937716.jpg
    ScreenShot1272937716.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
well if ya been following this thread you'd known i was work in on it ....touch up?
I'm also working on the jolly rogers f-18 CS and plan on posting them together at the same time ..................just to let ya know

He's not done yet, why would it need a touch up? :rolleyes:

Maj. Numbskully said:
there is still much to do like rescale some of the graphics redo the _ntga etc. ............and yes those are panel lines :D

thank you for taking my idea of doing the jolly rogers cs and then quickly posting it 3 -4hours after you quoted me in your last post telling you i was working on it
why did you not say anything then about working on one?????????
funny it looks like it took you about the same amount of time to make and then post it
don't come into my request thread and hijack what I'm working on

I still say common curtasy would have been to tell me that at the time
just by your previous posts here you seemed to have nothing in the works at that time .you even offered to "touch -up" the diamond back CS
also the diamond back was requested a week ago and there are many posts here that show how long I've been working on it and you've been in this thread several times had i not posted a progress report on it you'd of posted that one too!!!! why else were you working on it...after you knew i was mikey?

Last edited:
"announcing" it has nothing to do with it mikey......ever stop o think that maybe you could have
given me a heads up like i did to you about the jolly rodger cs? maybe i don't like to post something that has already been done!!!!! not very cool just letting me waste my time working on something without saying any thing about you doing one!!!.like i said
sorry but really believe that if you were working on one you would have said so then!!!..that was a blatant hijack dude!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Gr34t pl4n3s your PM box is still full!!.
I had to move the diamonds further back to avoid the distortion as we discussed and getting the Diamond stripe to go around the fuse and liing them up with the gear door was a B$%^$
I did'nt want to just let it dead end as others (ehem) have done on similar CSs
but the graphics are pretty much done .... so is the _s.tga
added Nav lights to the tail (non working of course)
i'm just making/cleaning up the panel lines(STILL :eek: ) and need to make a better _n.tga so I can add it to another CS i'm working on (Jolly roger)
I should be done soon but I have other things on my plate here at home that need taking care of

Attachments

• ScreenShot1273091057.jpg
    ScreenShot1273091057.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot1273091100.jpg
    ScreenShot1273091100.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot1273091142.jpg
    ScreenShot1273091142.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Gr34t pl4n3s......
this is what im talking about from the side the diamonds look fine...........
but from the top the first ones are distorted .... there is no way to correct that ..believe me I've tried.my hats off to anyone who can..........but really think thats its not possible

these screen shots are from a point in time that does not show them all the way together but at one point i had them closer together and they looked like an 8 sided diamond (like a streached stop sign) instead of a diamond with 4 sides.......I would rather post a cs that is a little different than the orig. than post something that looks like crap

Attachments

• 111c.jpg
    111c.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 5
  • 111d.jpg
    111d.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The only way to remove that top distortion is for the original modeler to remap the fuselage in multiple parts. Most fuselages are just mapped left/right so that it just has a few pixels that get stretched across the top & bottom. While this is adequate for most schemes any thing with detail on the top or bottom will have the problem you ran into.

For example in order to get the flowing curves of my Thunderbirds scheme, that fuselage was UVW mapped in nine sections.

thank you dhk for your reply to this question
Although I already fully understand this
its good to have an experienced modeler like your self to explain it .......as maybe because i dont 3d model people may think that i dont know what I'm talking about in situations like this
or maybe that I just don't want to try........nothing could be further from the truth
there's only so much you can do at the CS level with things that are out of the CS makers control ...on any other plane it may have worked ....but on the f18 at that part of the fuselage you not only dealing with 3 separate sections of the map but there is quite a sharp radius on the fuse so even if things do line up they are getting stretched at the same time...a lot
I've even tried to distort the graphic in the opposite direction of the distortion thinking it might stretch itself back in to shape .....guess you can guess how successful that was :p

Last edited:
CS program

Hey I downloaded GIMP and made a CS but I can't load It on to realflight. Can anyone help me the tutorials are not any help. :confused: :confused:

sure just double checking
what do you mean by "i cant get to load in RF" ...you dont see any changes to the CS in the sim?
the CS that you renamed and changed is not showing up as an optional choice of CS for that aircraft?
did you do any "pasting": while making it..or just a strait "paint job? on the .tga ?(not a good idea but lets figure out your first problem and I'll explain why later if you don't already know why its not a good idea to paint ON the .tga itself)
since any CS you make must be generated from within RF to begin with. provided you did not change original the location of the file which was....(it goes back automatically)
(Start\My Documents\RealflightG?\Vehicles\Color schemes) The CS never Really "Leaves" RF
thats why i need to know the things I've asked above
the most common reason that causes you not to see any changes in the sim is after altering the CS is failing to "merge" or in gimp its "anchor" the layers of the .tga before closing the .tga file in gimp (or photoshop)

another common reason is that although you may have Saved AS the CS in rf when you first started(created it by "Save Color scheme As")
you must LOAD the CS(Aircraft\Select CS) at least the first time AFTER you
"Save CS As" (I load it before I go to photoshop \gimp Right after I get a message that says " CS Saved to C:\documents and settings\Realflght......."
to insure that you have done that you must see another notice saying: "Creating dds"
after you " LOAD the CS"(Aircraft\Select CS)
EVERY time that you come back to RF from gimp or photoshop (yes i leave both running) after making a change to any one of the 3 possible .tga's that you may be working on ....no matter how small you must either hit the red button on the controller or hit "Edit Aircraft"
(I always use the aircraft editor to look at changes to the CS its nice and convenient to be able to rotate and zoom while looking at the aircraft as well as a means to kick start the dds process ) either way
RF must update the dds file(s) EVERY TIME (you'll get a message saying "Creating dds"every time ....... if not something is wrong in the way it was closed in gimp \photoshop)immediately after it creates the dds file(s) .....your aircraft should magically be wearing its new suit or tie
make sure you are doing and or seeing all of those things .....then let me know

Last edited:
I know i can be long winded...... but i usually get my point across :p
glad i could help :D if you ever have some more questions I'll try to help you any time

Last edited:
Back