Mamba 120cc

Looked at the file in Blender then did a quick export to get a look in RF. So far, all I can really see wrong with it is a few shading issues. I hope this can be taken care of by redoing the smoothing groups. After going back and looking I noticed that all of the sharp edges have been lost. Not a big deal other than gonna take a little time. Pivots, linking, and collision mesh all look good, and for the most part the geometry seems like its in good shape as well except the inside faces of my cowling seem to have either gotten flipped or removed. Overall, I'm pretty happy about what I've got to work with all things considered.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 02-21-24 at 10.34 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 02-21-24 at 10.34 PM.PNG
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 02-21-24 at 10.36 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 02-21-24 at 10.36 PM.PNG
    354.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 02-21-24 at 10.37 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 02-21-24 at 10.37 PM.PNG
    166.1 KB · Views: 17
Looked at the file in Blender then did a quick export to get a look in RF. So far, all I can really see wrong with it is a few shading issues. I hope this can be taken care of by redoing the smoothing groups. After going back and looking I noticed that all of the sharp edges have been lost. Not a big deal other than gonna take a little time. Pivots, linking, and collision mesh all look good, and for the most part the geometry seems like its in good shape as well except the inside faces of my cowling seem to have either gotten flipped or removed. Overall, I'm pretty happy about what I've got to work with all things considered.
Great news !!! (y)

Working on flight tonight. Is there anyone out there with a model of this caliber that can tell me an approximate airspeed? Level flight as it sits is 65 mph tops using a DA 120 and 29x10 prop. To me that seems slow, but I've also never owned a model this size before.

This model has a few flaws that honestly, I don't feel like digging as deep as I would need to in order to resolve them. That being said, from the distance in the screeny, the model looks great to me. If you pull it up in the editor or bring it in close and start getting up close and personal, the ugly comes out. I haven't decided yet if I'll animate the servos and arms or not, or I may delete them all together. I've had this in the editor quite a bit tonight and I can't say I have even noticed them even being there so what's the point?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1708662625.jpg
    ScreenShot1708662625.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 8
HMMM, well, I don`t have a model like that either, BUT, I`d say that 65-70 mph would be the top scale speed for that kind of plane/model in the real world. As for the servos, I say if you`ve already model them leave them, then only animate the ones that can be seen sitting on the runway, and don`t worry about animating the ones that can`t be seen in flight. Just my opinion though Andy, We all like the bells and whistles, but if they can`t be seen, then, too quote you "what`s the point". I won`t even get into how much detail they get into with plastic model planes, only to have all of that detail closed up in the fuse. I suppose it`s nice if an individual wants to do a diorama of a wrecked plane.

Back