McDonnell XP-67 Build

I am flying this in G5.5, and like 98% of every plane I have downloaded from the Swap Pages, I had to tweak the physics. I don't even consider that an issue and it never is part of my rating when I rate a plane on the swaps.

I find I need to tweak the physics on most planes in order to make them fly:

1) How I like them to fly

2) How I would expect it to fly if I built it as a model airplane

I think it is a great model. Looks cool. I just wonder why it didn't get any flaps.

Yes, I plan on posting an AV once I have it done. Working around the drag from the fuselage has been tricky but not impossible. Like I said, Its a wonderful model.

Would have been nice to have that piece of info earlier. Hind sight is 20/20. Too late now. Maybe I'll revisit at some later date. Thanks for the information dig up kmot. :)

:D No grapple yet but pulling a banner with a plane might be cool. I don't find a need for flaps Boof, it lands great for me now. Bad azz plane!

Army too

Today was XP-67 day. Thanks to Boof69 for the model. An AV, a CS, and a recording. Not only that, I put up the Christmas tree too. :)

Attachments

• xp67right.jpg
    xp67right.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
You definitely get mileage out of the models at the swaps. I'm so glad your having fun with the XP-67. Enjoy!

What does this post have to do with the McDonnell XP-67?

Who knows, but your comment certainly doesn't really give a nice "welcome" to the forum.

Mel2498: I thought I remembered a topic started by member dhk79 that dealt with proper "setup, trimming, etc." in order to tweak the physics to gain proper flight characteristics. I searched for such thread and couldn't find it. Possibly you could contact him to see if he still had the information.

Back