Menu at the top of the screen with Italian keyboard?

QAngelo

To activate the menu you must press the ~ button. I know this but the problem is that on the Italian keyboard there is no such key. The menu appears when the program starts but only for a moment and is not active. Who cares, the vast majority of you will say and you are right. But knowing that the game is also sold in Europe, why not implement a more universal system to activate that function? I don't think it's difficult.
Thank you all.

Try pressing the "windows" key then enter "osk" for on screen keyboard. After the osk comes up click on the RealFlight window then click on the "~" key in the osk.

Thank you for your reply, so I should add a US keyboard layout and then use the on-screen keyboard. (I'm afraid of creating problems for Windows 10)

Thank you for your reply, so I should add a US keyboard layout and then use the on-screen keyboard. (I'm afraid of creating problems for Windows 10)
Oh. I didn't think of this. Does the on-screen keyboard in your language NOT have a "~" key? There may be codes you can enter on your keyboard to get the "~" key, try a Google search for that.

Maybe type it using the character map? It's a standard ASCII code, even if there isn't a key for it on your KB.
I do that when I need something like 72°F or ≠

I used technoid's first prompt and was able to get the menu working on the screen. Great.
Bill unfortunately your solution only works on text editors but not with RealFlight.
Thank you very much for the great help.

RFE_menu over sceen.jpg

@QAngelo, the ESC (escape) key opens the new main menu in RealFlight Evolution. If you have an InterLink, the Cancel button will also open that menu.

The old main menu across the top of the screen is off by default but still available within the software. It sounds like you found it, but for completeness: Search these forums for "legacy menu" and you'll find lots of information about accessing that.

The RealFlight console is very different from the main menu. It is a more advanced place to enter commands by name. Input issues related to different keyboard layouts like what you encountered are exactly why there are several different ways to access the console. The tilde ('~') works, as does the forward tick ('`', not to be confused with the apostrophe), as does Ctrl-Shift-C.

Back