Mikado LOGO XXTREME 800

Someone needs to be offered a job! P.S. will you have the Logo 700 Xxtreme in mind too while building this? It's nearly the same heli :). hint hint :).

Nope I just have the 800 in mind.
thumbdown.gif

I'm making some more headway tonight. Thanks to Kyle Dahl I have some pictures that are useable for reference images in Max. I sized the tailboom and added the vertical fin. I also made the head complete with servo pushrods(no servos yet). You should noticethat some parts are touching that should not. I will remedy that by narrowing the frame which will allow me to shrink the upper bearing block in the Y. That should get me right on with width. I have no goes reference for that so close will have to do. Polys are high at 12,876.

3DViewer...

Attachments

• Render1 10-29-12.jpg
    Render1 10-29-12.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Render2 10-29-12.jpg
    Render2 10-29-12.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 40
  • Render3 10-29-12.jpg
    Render3 10-29-12.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 37
Very nice progress. And now you are also jumped on the scorpion train :)

WOW about 13.000 Polys and no canopy till now. This will be a polykiller :)

I love the ESC. Hopefully this stays in :) Also possible with a high normal map, but not so nice as this one!

Last edited:
Do you believe that it will ever get raised? I hope for it too. I have a 35.000 Version of my Goblin, so this would be nice :)

I definitely hope so. Even conserving polys to the best of my ability forced me to leave out detail on the Velocity 90 N2. I got my fingers crossed that they will raise it before the end of the year. I may be alone in that thought.
Just_Cuz_06.gif

Sure no problem.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 45
Do me a favor MM21, Since you are familar with this model, if you see something not looking right in an update let me know. Keep in mind that some things may be omitted or simplified if polys are running low, but the canopy on the outrage would have been an easier fix if it were caught earlier. Don't worry about offending me. I can take it.:D

As for the views, Thanks. I found all of those in the manual pdf and they are this projects life blood. I appreciate the help. :)

Last edited:
I got a few more things done today. I added the servos (no wires yet) the tail rotor drive belt, rear transmission, tailboom supports, and I've started work on the canopy. The canopy is far from done, but it's taking shape.
Polys are at 15,828 with tail bell crank, slider, hub, and grips for the rear. I would like to add the Vbar system and wires(probably won't make it). Collision mesh and blur discs also missing. Hard to accomplish with just 4,172 polys left in the tank. I could probably scavenge another 1k if need be, but that will probably still not allow me to finish the electronics.

Attachments

• With Canopy 1.jpg
    With Canopy 1.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 31
  • With Canopy 2.jpg
    With Canopy 2.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 33
  • With Canopy 3.jpg
    With Canopy 3.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 25
  • With Canopy 4.jpg
    With Canopy 4.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 31
  • With Canopy 5.jpg
    With Canopy 5.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 35
Found some pictures, dont know if they help or not

Logo-xxtreme-tail-rotor.jpg

MikadoLogoXXtreme.jpg

L700-1.jpg

xxtremecanopyfront.jpg

PS, I think the skid pipes are too long in the front, can they be shortened a bit?

Last edited:
That's not a problem at all. Actually that's an area that I'm completely unsure about. Do you think the skid pipe diameter is right or close?

Back