Mikado LOGO XXTREME 800

That looks simply stunning :).

Only think the striping on the black part of the canopy needs to come out more. I know the striping on the Logo 700/800 XXtreme orange canopies is matte black, not sure about the default canopy for the 800.

orange canopy striping: http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/news/wp-content/uploads/mik4612.jpg

default 800 striping: http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/images/xxtreem_fb.2jpg.jpg

You thought of a sound profile yet to go with this? It's quite different from other helis too, relatively low headspeed, massive blades :).

Last edited:
I know your new around here so try to realize that these are "progress " shots. When I said I was laying in color that means I haven't worked on specular or bump. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the project.
Looking at your links I see they are drawings rather than the real thing. The pictures show the black lines on the canopy much more subtly.

Last edited:
Yes of course! Trying to give as much input as possible before the release. To give it after the release would be pretty useless ofcourse :). Noted about the pics.

Also take it the screenshots are still showing 690/710mm main blades and small tail blades. The real deal sports 813mm main blades and 115mm tail blades, but you probably already know that and probably still have to model them :).

Last edited:
Yes of course! Trying to give as much input as possible before the release. To give it after the release would be pretty useless ofcourse :). Noted about the pics.

Also take it the screenshots are still showing 690/710mm main blades and small tail blades. The real deal sports 813mm main blades and 115mm tail blades, but you probably already know that and probably still have to model them :).

Well I did mention that its just flying on the Goblin 700 physics.;)

Here is some real world reference. The Gloss is the same on the black as the rest of the canopy maybe even shinier. The black lines are subtle. Nothing like the drawings.
See what I mean?:) The last picture is my canopy in RF. No edits from last night.

Attachments

• IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0768.jpg
    IMG_0768.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0775.jpg
    IMG_0775.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 24
  • xxtreem_fb.2jpg.jpg
    xxtreem_fb.2jpg.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 21
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Got it! My bad, was rushing my reply before heading off to work this morning, since I guessed you'll be fairly close to releasing :).

Last edited:
Not really. I have to finish off the CS and then start on the physics. A couple of days at least.

Well the CS is getting sorted. It's a ways from being done but I like the way it's headed. I haven't started the real spec map so I won't show the in RF shots. Someone will invariably tell me it's too shiney. Instead I thought I would post a psd shot.

Attachments

• Mikado800Diffuse.jpg
    Mikado800Diffuse.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 44
Better? The final will be like the first posting.

Attachments

• Mikado800Diffuse.jpg
    Mikado800Diffuse.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 61
Just to be clear. I have no plans to make the logo 700. Its a similar enough heli to the 800 that anyone can make an AV and size down the 800. :)

Back