Mikado LOGO XXTREME 800

This is a GREAT heli to fly.. the only thing about it is that the Creating DDS takes about forever.. is there anyway for me to fix this problem?

This is a GREAT heli to fly.. the only thing about it is that the Creating DDS takes about forever.. is there anyway for me to fix this problem?

It's not a problem. I suppose you could buy a computer that can process data faster. It takes time to generate a .dds, and it only needs to be done once per swap model.

It takes longer cause there have to be created 3 DDS Files. The Normalmap takes the longest time. It depends on the CPU. On my PC it takes about 20 Seconds.

My cpuhas a i3 core 2,4 ghz 4gb ram.. 1gb ram on graphics card.. is this to low for this game or swap model?

My cpuhas a i3 core 2,4 ghz 4gb ram.. 1gb ram on graphics card.. is this to low for this game or swap model?

Should be fast enough. But creating the DDS files just takes time, specially with 4096x4096 schemes.

But how do i lower the tga resolution og the dds file? I eager to fly this model.. but the dds loading time is tooooo slow :)

But how do i lower the tga resolution og the dds file? I eager to fly this model.. but the dds loading time is tooooo slow :)

Just wait a few minutes, the DDS is only created once, when you load the model for the first time. Reducing the TGA dimensions will reduce quality ;)

Last edited:
Didn't work at all.. so i did resize the tga. files to their half size.. 50%... didnt notice any lack of quality.. now it works great! :D

Reducing 50% makes the texture 1/4 of the original. Trust me there is loss of quality. If you lack the patience for the full resolution then I doubt that quality loss is a problem for you. Carry on.

Didn't work at all.. so i did resize the tga. files to their half size.. 50%... didnt notice any lack of quality.. now it works great! :D

Funny. If you never got the dds created the first time, how do you know there's no lack of quality? If it did create the dds, then you didn't go through the steps to create a new CS, edit it, and reimport so that a new dds is created.

If you have modest pretensions, than a 512x512 may be enough :) High Quality Junkies would even prefer 8192x8192 :)

RF will accept that resolution but it takes a long time to generate and there is a noticeable performance hit.

Nice! Looking forward to a proper version of this one too:

Canopy-LOGO-800-XXtreme-neon-red-yellow-04612_b_0.JPG

:)

Back