Missing aircraft

Already tried this, was told agent was busy on other calls, never heard back after leaving my phone number.
I feel they have poor customer support or are short handed on help like so many businesses
I'd try one more time before I gave up on them.

Already tried this, was told agent was busy on other calls, never heard back after leaving my phone number.
I feel they have poor customer support or are short handed on help like so many businesses
They have had a hard time during COVID; skeleton crew, huge backlogs, huge backorders, and customer sat issues; on the whole, I agree with @technoid, when I've called them or used the signed-on and registered account access, they have been very helpful... once I got through to them. I've had several issues resolved to my satisfaction recently... I've waited about four months for my NX10... I've waited even longer for some connectors for my Blade 230... which still has not had its maiden! ... the parts are finally on their way. HH does have good intentions, and prior to COVID their support was first rate... they've had a rough year like everybody!

The good news is that Rf9.5 works very well (boxed set 2 DVD InterlinkDX controller); I recommend a dedicated windows computer with NVidia card ... it doesn't have to be a power game machine; i5 processor or better, modern NVidia card with good amount of video ram.

best of luck

marcus

In all my dealings with HH, they have been vary helpful. But of their customer support, I find their text support to be the most effective. I had made a mistake somewhere in downloading RF9, so that I couldn't update it, and they walked me through it vary quickly. And so is Knife Edge.

Is there an app that is needed for downloading and installing aircraft into Real Flight 8 ?
Where can it be found?
There is no app. Go to the swap pages (at the top of this forum) & download whatever you want. EA's are Entire Aircraft, AV's are Aircraft Variants, CS's are Color Schemes. AV's & CS's require that you have the EA's that they are based on.
Once you've downloaded it, run RF, goto simulation...import...realflight archive, and select the file you just downloaded. Once it's imported, you can delete the file you downloaded if you need to conserve disk space.

In all my dealings with HH, they have been vary helpful. But of their customer support, I find their text support to be the most effective. I had made a mistake somewhere in downloading RF9, so that I couldn't update it, and they walked me through it vary quickly. And so is Knife Edge.
I've had good luck with Horizon ii the past. Saturday I received an email stting theywill reset myregistration nso I can update .As of today 6/22/21 the problem still exists.

The E-Flite carbon Z cessna 150 is available in both 4s and 6s in RF-9 under 'Stock Aircraft' both in the sidebar on the left and in the menu bar at the top under Select Aircraft.

The E-Flite carbon Z cessna 150 is available in both 4s and 6s in RF-9 under 'Stock Aircraft' both in the sidebar on the left and in the menu bar at the top under Select Aircraft.
The OP is using RF 8 and I think is just wondering why those aren't there when they used to be. I might be remembering wrong but I thought that was his issue.

The OP is using RF 8 and I think is just wondering why those aren't there when they used to be. I might be remembering wrong but I thought that was his issue.
Yes this is my issue.
Called product support, was on hold for 41 minutes when I was disconnected. I have also sent a second email to product support, so far as of 6/22/2021 I have no replies.

I am working on my full scale 1946 Ercoupe which is costing me my spare cash and don"t have a spare $100 laying around to purchase Real Flight 9.5
Right now I have version 8.00.044
Cannot update beyond that. I get a message that someone else has already registered under that name and password.
So I am still waiting to see if product support can fix the problem.
Received an email from product support on Saturday June 20, 2021 saying they will fix the problem. Today is 6/22/2021 with no help.

Last edited:
Just guessing here...someone else with the same name & password seems unlikely. Did you previously register this copy or a different version (perhaps on a different computer?) with a different email address or other info? Maybe it thinks you aren't yourself. I don't know what they check. Have you tried to register with a different name? Maybe use your nickname instead of your real name, etc.

I had a problem registering a used copy I purchased off ebay, and TS was able to fix it by phone. But that was long before Horizon. I think it was RF5.0.

Just guessing here...someone else with the same name & password seems unlikely. Did you previously register this copy or a different version (perhaps on a different computer?) with a different email address or other info? Maybe it thinks you aren't yourself. I don't know what they check. Have you tried to register with a different name? Maybe use your nickname instead of your real name, etc.

I had a problem registering a used copy I purchased off ebay, and TS was able to fix it by phone. But that was long before Horizon. I think it was RF5.0.
Thx for your reply Bill Stuntz,
It was originally on my Windows 7 desktop, but ater Microsoft ended support for Win7 I purchased a brand new Dell GS5000 gaming PC.
Had RF8 reset by Horizon support for the new machine. Worked flawlessly!
Then one day the Cessna 150 was simply gone. A friend of mine had the same problem. I am still waiting on HOIrizon product support to fix the problem. So is my friend. He reached them by phone, told him they would fix it within2 hours. That was 5b days ago. So far they have not touched his problem. I sent another email after being unable to reach them by phone. That was this past Saturday. They promised to reset it and fix the problem. Today is 6/23/2021.
So far they have done nothing.
It's apparent to me they simply don't care about supporting their products. This is why I am wary of purchasing Real Flight 9.5
How long will they support it? Or until a newer version of RF comes out???

Is the cessna 150 in question a challenge reward plane?
No, I purchased the Carbon Z version from Horizon Hobby and I like to practice with it when I can't get to our local club flying field. It is now 6/24/21 and i still have not heard from product support

Vintage Ed,

I'm sorry you've having difficulty with product support. I'm not sure what's happening there. I will pass this thread along to them to make sure they're aware.

It sounds like you might still be a little confused about why the E-flite Carbon-Z Cessna isn't in your RealFlight installation. I can understand; I tried to explain earlier, but it's a little bit nonintuitive.

Basically, even though you purchased the Horizon Hobby Edition Add-On, not all of the models were included on that disk. Some were added later, though the magic of online updates. Updating to 8.00.053 adds the rest of the HHE models for users like you who have that Add-On installed. Since you're currently at version 8.00.044, you don't have the rest of those models right now.

The real mystery is how you apparently had 8.00.053 at one time (you say you flew the Cessna) but ended up back at 8.00.044 without realizing it. That has to have been caused on your end somehow. It can't happen automatically. But really that's beside the point.

There's another wrinkle. RF8 has probably stored all the info from your most recent registration attempt (including the password you entered) and won't let you attempt to reregister, even after product support resets your registration on their end. In fact, it's possible they've already done that and you wouldn't even know it because of this problem.

RF9 has a simpler way to rectify this situation, but unfortunately in RF8 you'll have to manually delete a file on your computer. If you're not comfortable doing this sort of thing, you may need to have support walk you through it, or get help from someone else you know who is more experienced with computers.
  1. Open Windows File Explorer.
  2. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\KnifeEdge.
  3. Locate the file RealFlight8.reg. Note that Windows may hide that ".reg" portion from you and just say "RealFlight8". It will have an icon like this:
    RealFlight8.reg_icon.png
  4. Right-click that file and select Delete.
  5. Now go back to your RealFlight 8 Launcher and try the update again. It should prompt you to enter all your registration information again. Do so, making sure to record the password you use for future reference.
If product support has reset your password, then registration should succeed and you should be able to update to 8.00.053. If not, then you'll have to wait until you have confirmation from them, then perform these steps again.

When I ran the search per your instructions, the search results came up, "cannot find this file on this PC.
I called Dell Computers and they ran several tests and could not find the file and or file you wrote about on my PC.
This PC is a brand new Dell GS5000 Dell gaming computer and is under warranty.
They said that the original software discs could be defective. I have both the original and the add on disc.
I also have PC Matic software on my PC to prevent virus, malware and outside access to my PC without my authorization.
The Dell technician said that I might try deleting both programs , then reinstall one at a time, then search for the missing file or files.

I was just contacted my a Microsoft tech. He ran a search for the missing files. NO icon could be found as you desrcibed. He also told me that Real Flight 8 is incompatible with Windows 10.So why does it work anyway, less the missing Cessna 150?

I'm glad you were able to update! I was corresponding with Product Support behind the scenes at that time, and it looks like they were able to fix the problem for you.

Thanks for reporting back with the good news so that we know!

Back