Missing controller selections.

DuncanC

The controller selections under Simulation in Realflight 9.5.065 on my Win 10 gaming laptop includes DX6, DX6-1, and DX6-2. They are missing in the Realflight 9.5.065 installation on my Win 10 gaming PC. Several uninstall and reinstalls including a thorough removal of all Realflight vestiges in the registry. Support offered suggestions for setting up a new controller, but that really doesn’t address the actual issue with omissions from the program installation. It is worrisome that there may be other as yet undiscovered bugs or omissions that may be from an install file that is damaged or incomplete. Lacking an alternative download source (Support suggested one but it bumped me to Steam) I’m stuck for now. Any suggestions besides buying the disk.

I would be very surprised if any of the stock radio profiles are missing from your installation. If that's actually happening I would want to dig in deeper and figure out exactly what's going on.

The sim does not ship with "DX6", "DX6-1", or "DX6-2" radio profiles. If those are the actual names you're seeing on your laptop, then they are custom profiles and they exist there because you created them. You can confirm this by looking in your <Documents>\RealFlight 9\Radio Profiles directory. Anything in there is a custom profile.

Custom radio profiles can be copied into the same location on your desktop so you can access them there.

They are present, but I most certainly did not create them. I’ve no clue how they got there. Firstly the DX6-2 functions well, and secondly I’ve never gone through creating any profiles. I don’t even know how. Maybe it relates some how to the peculiar behavior of my Carbon Cub taking off under control and then completing its flight accepting no control input from me. It did that repeatedly. There was no recording in the recordings list, and I never recorded a flight. The whole business here is perplexing. I’ll look and see if I can find profiles for the three DX6 transmitters. Maybe my laptop is possessed and needs to be exorcised. Anyway I can now see why Bonnie provided guidance in setting up a profile for the DX6-2. Oh a question. If there are profiles for the 3 DX6s and they aren’t part of the Realflight 9.5.056 program would they show up as selections under Controller as they do? If I created a profile would it be listed there.

Best,

Duncan

On Mar 25, 2022, at 12:58 PM, Knife Edge Forums <noreply@knifeedge.com> wrote:
Ryan Douglas replied to a thread you are watching at Knife Edge Forums.
Missing controller selections.
I would be very surprised if any of the stock radio profiles are missing from your installation. If that's actually happening I would want to dig in deeper and figure out exactly what's going on.

The sim does not ship with "DX6", "DX6-1", or "DX6-2" radio profiles. If those are the actual names you're seeing on your laptop, then they are custom profiles and they exist there because you created them. You can confirm this by looking in your <Documents>\RealFlight 9\Radio Profiles directory. Anything in there is a custom profile.

Custom radio profiles can be copied into the same location on your desktop so you can access them there.​
Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread Missing controller selections.at Knife Edge Forums with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

Since I am quite certain I didn’t write those three profiles I became curious about where they might have come from. So I did a Google search of the Internet to see if any popped up. Nothing showed up. Their origin remains a mystery. So I just copied the three profiles to the directory on my PC so the my DX6-2 will function without my having to write one. Thanks for helping me understand Realflight a bit better. The mystery of the profile origin and the now resolved odd behavior of the Carbon Cub S remain unexplained for now.
Best regards,
Duncan

Back