Mobile App Forum

theluthier

Since there's no forum for the mobile app, I'll ask here.

KE, aren't you gonna make a forum for the mobile app?

Well I bought the mini fling controller that was recommended by Ryan Douglas and they do not work at all. So be warned I think they were talking about the iPad with the normal sized fling controller. The mini fling does not work at all the iphone. The gimbals take up far too much space on the screen for the controller to work.

My first suggestion would be to make the gimbals scalable in size so they will work on any size screen and we can adjust them to our liking.

Last edited:
No matter how solid this app runs, it's pretty empty at the moment.

Helicopters, 3D helicopters. As long as it only has planes, this app is pretty boring. (for me)
Swappages-Integration. If I could fly my helis on my phone, I'd be pretty happy! :)
Editor. Uneditable rates with on-screen-sticks suck pretty hard.
Bluetooth-dongle. I don't want to put some joysticks onto my screen.
Adjustable stick sizes. An iPhone 5S hasn't the biggest screen out there.... ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Zelatio, I'm sorry those didn't work out. Thanks for posting your results here for everyone. You're right, I was talking about the full-size Fling joysticks being used on a larger device.

Something else that is worth noting about the Fling sticks or other similar options is that they open up the possibility of flying with a "pinch" style of grip. It's not ideal (that's not what they're designed for), but for people who don't fly using only their thumbs, it's probably a step up from the onscreen controls.

Everything is definitely a tight fit on smaller devices, as Johnny31297 points out. That's why we made the controls fade out while you're actually using them. They really only need to be visible to help you get situated, whether you're about to start a session or you removed your hands momentarily.

We appreciate all your suggestions. Some things just aren't practical for an app running on current mobile devices. RealFlight Mobile has to be a simpler product than the full version of RealFlight running on the PC. But there is still more we could do.

Now I'm going to quote myself from a different thread:
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

We're very happy to have a version of RealFlight in the mobile arena. We believe it's light years better than previously available options, and it's only version 1.0! There is a lot more we could do with it.

I can't say much right now about our plans for RealFlight Mobile. Partly that's because we need to see what kind of demand there is before we decide how much more work to put into it.

Again, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate all of it. It helps to know what you guys--experienced RealFlight users and RC pilots--like and don't like.

No matter how solid this app runs, it's pretty empty at the moment.

Helicopters, 3D helicopters. As long as it only has planes, this app is pretty boring. (for me)
Swappages-Integration. If I could fly my helis on my phone, I'd be pretty happy! :)
Editor. Uneditable rates with on-screen-sticks suck pretty hard.
Bluetooth-dongle. I don't want to put some joysticks onto my screen.
Adjustable stick sizes. An iPhone 5S hasn't the biggest screen out there.... ;)

I'm with you on this. Being able to use an external controller is a big one for me.

Getting models from the swap pages may prove more difficult, depending on how similar the PC and mobile simulation engine actually are.

Fly off the the map?

I was playing with the mobile app and found that if I fly over the hill and then down that instead of crashing the plane is "under the map" I hear it and when I turn the screen tries to follow it.
Anyone else found this?

Well I bought the mini fling controller that was recommended by Ryan Douglas and they do not work at all. So be warned I think they were talking about the iPad with the normal sized fling controller. The mini fling does not work at all the iphone. The gimbals take up far too much space on the screen for the controller to work.

My first suggestion would be to make the gimbals scalable in size so they will work on any size screen and we can adjust them to our liking.

Ya, I bought the mini fling controller and while I did get it working ok on my iphone4 (needs to be perfectly centred over the screen control boxes) it is pretty useless since it takes up way too much of the screen and you need to remove them to get to menus. Wasted $20.

I actually am able to use the on-screen controls pretty well but I agree with you it would be nice if they good be scaled a lot smaller (say at least 50% smaller) so it does not interfere with your already pretty limited view.

Also, very had to judge where the airstrip is even when using view with ground.

Still, kinda fun to play with and I look forward to seeing update improvements in the near future. Good one KE, thanks.

Cheers,
TomC

realflight mobile and nexus 7

I have the realflight mobile and a Nexus 7. When I hook up a OTG cable I can use my Realflight Elite controller with realflight mobile and the Nexus 7. Is that great or what!!!!! The only thing that is not working is rudder and rates.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but this id all the search function foind. Please tell me they are working on Bluetooth controller and VR cardboad capability for this app?!?

Back