Modeling for Ardupilot SITL

looking transperent rather than white at certain angle is probobly the the shiny values acting as a mirror

the streaky color band sounds like the face(s) needs hard edges

The only thing I have ever used an image plane for is a cross section or 3views for airplane building

I failed to mention earlier that I had indeed been moving the metallic slider in the wrong direction. I don't know if I would have ever figured that out. Huge help. Thank you!

Try making a "name"_s.tga . All black and nothing will be shiny. Make sire it is in the same folder as the original .tga

I've been creating a black tga with the same name as the texture file plus the _s. This works fine for me on my system but if someone else imports my custom airport the shininess returns on their system.

My process is

create in wings3d>export 3ds file>convert 3ds file to fbx file using Autodesk Converter>import fbx file iinto RF

Any idea where the breakdown might be?

I've been creating a black tga with the same name as the texture file plus the _s. This works fine for me on my system but if someone else imports my custom airport the shininess returns on their system.

My process is

create in wings3d>export 3ds file>convert 3ds file to fbx file using Autodesk Converter>import fbx file iinto RF

Any idea where the breakdown might be?

So I believe I found a solution. Sharing it in case there's someone else using Wings 3d and, like me, doesn't have Max.

It appears when an airport is imported, there are four files associated with each object that appear in the AirportObjects folder:

"name".airportobject
"name".dds
"name".kex
"name".tga

To make this brief, if the object is shiny, add the solid black .tga file: "name"_S.tga to the AirportObjects folder. then delete the "name".dds file. When you open the airport, RF will create a new .dds file: "name"_S.dds. No more shininess.

See attached photo for before and after screenshots. Object was a small section of grass runway. Seems to work. Now I can share my airports and instruct the user how to fix the shine.

Attachments

• RF Fix.jpg
    RF Fix.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 17
Back