Modelling in blender and specular/reflection files

Darby

Hi Folks

I have modelled a plane in Blender and want to be able to set the reflection/shininess of the texture/surfaces.

The KnifeEdge tutorials imply that if you create a greyscale image file as <texture_filename>_s.tga (e.g. MyPlaneTexture.tga to MyPlaneTexture_s.tga) and place this adjacent to the image .tga file in the folder, then this is used when importing the .kex/.tga file into RF.

I have tried this but the paint job is not affected and everything is the standard constant specular value.

Is anyone aware of anywhere in Blender that you associate the specular map file with the texture?

Many thanks,
Darby

Your _s map is done in a program such as gimp or Photo Shop. Yes, it must be in the same folder as the .tga, and it MUST have the same name as the .tga with the _s added to it. It has nothing to do with Blender.

Thanks for pointing me on the right track. I had graphics quality to highest already, but I noticed normal maps had been set to off by default. Switched this on and now works a treat :)

Many thanks hilcat72/abaser.

I am using Gimp 2.8 and am trying to change the reflectiveness of an s.tga, making it less reflective. Where in gimp can I change this?

Open the _s.tga and change areas you want less reflective darker. The lighter the shade of grey, the mute reflective it is.

Back