Models out of trim

mahbouni

Recently installed RF 9 and models are out of trim on the aileron channel. Other channels are fine. Have calibrated my Interlink Elite several times. It works after calibration but the next time I start RF9 it's out of trim again.

I do not get the same problem with RF7.5 on the same computer. Models are perfectly trimmed every time I start RF7.5. This rules out any issue with the pots on my Interlink Elite. It can only be a bug with RF9.

I get the same thing at times. I believe it's because RF9 doesn't allow any deadband when you use an Interlink controller. I've requested that option be added and Ryan Douglas has requested it for a future update I believe. Even if it's set it's only used for other controllers.

My Interlink DX drifts also and it is a constant pain to re-calibrate. I've tried cleaning it several times.

Interesting theory, but I'm not letting go of the fact that RF7.5 doesn't do it. It's a regression that needs to be fixed. Even if they add a deadband option, the default should be the same as previous versions.

Interesting theory, but I'm not letting go of the fact that RF7.5 doesn't do it. It's a regression that needs to be fixed. Even if they add a deadband option, the default should be the same as previous versions.

RF7/7.5 defaults to a few degrees of deadband around center stick and uses it for all controllers unlike RF8/9. You can adjust it under Simulation - Settings - Controller. If you set it to 0 you will probably see the same thing happen. I guess they changed it because their new controller is more precise and they didn't want to lose any of that. At least that is what we were told. It may be more precise but it still drifts especially aileron. That's the same channel mine has trouble with. The only thing you can do is add more expo to make it less sensitive.

Thanks I'll have a play around with the setting and see if it makes. I didn't see it in 7.5 though, only in 9

I have the same issue on my interlink dx, constantly drifting on aileron but even worse when you apply down elevator. If I do an outside loop it will screw out almost 90° unless I hold in aileron to correct it. Only thing I found that helps is calibration the controller whilst holding in a small amount of aileron and trimming out out after.

Back