MOKI250 Sound and Engine

I just downloaded your sound profile and the source wave files sound terrific but when the engine is selected in RealFlight the engine sounds very muffled and soft compared to the source files. I wonder what RealFlight is doing to them and is there a way to improve that.

Ryan if you read this can you chime in on this issue? I just created a Radial Engine and wasn't happy with the other Radial engine profiles and the source files for this one sounds great, very strong an throaty. So I'm wondering why they sound so soft when they're played back in RealFlight. Any help you can give on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your sound profile the source files sound great!

I just downloaded your sound profile and the source wave files sound terrific but when the engine is selected in RealFlight the engine sounds very muffled and soft compared to the source files. I wonder what RealFlight is doing to them and is there a way to improve that.

Ryan if you read this can you chime in on this issue? I just created a Radial Engine and wasn't happy with the other Radial engine profiles and the source files for this one sounds great, very strong an throaty. So I'm wondering why they sound so soft when they're played back in RealFlight. Any help you can give on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your sound profile the source files sound great!

Hi !

Try to import the files again when you know how to. Maybe you cannot copy and paste them. That is my first sound ever for Realflight. So i dont know these details...

maxx2504

Hi !

Try to import the files again when you know how to. Maybe you cannot copy and paste them. That is my first sound ever for Realflight. So i dont know these details...

maxx2504

The only way I know how is to copy the files to the correct directory and restart RealFlight so it finds the new profile. So the question is, when you use the sound profile does the profile you selected in RealFlight sound like your Source wave files? When I do it the sound is very soft compared to the wave files. Man I sure want to get the sound in RF to sound like your wave files, they're sweet. Have you seen the radial I'm working on, here's a render of it on a plane I'm creating to showcase it with no cowl so you can really see it. I still have the exhaust ring and engine mount and some wires to create to finish it but I'm getting there.

Attachments

• Radial Fusion 03.jpg
    Radial Fusion 03.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 5
Hi !

maxx2504

maxx2504 excelent that you made these files we do need more and better engine sounds in RF , could you put the sound and engine curve physics in an AV of some kind and upload it either here or on the swaps ? that would be easy to get into RF then

Last edited:
got it thanks and i just emailed technoid the link , that seems to have done the trick it sounds good to me

Last edited:
got it thanks and i just emailed technoid the link , that seems to have done the trick it sounds good to me

I got the AV and listened to it but it's the same as the one I copied in myself. Doug go to this directory and play the three WAV files in it and you'll hear what I mean about the difference between the source files and the sound in RealFlight.

Documents\RealFlight 7\Vehicles\Sounds\Motors\Moki250

Play these files.

1250.wav
2750.wav
4500.wav

VERY strong and throaty sounding but they loose all that when RealFlight converts them in the program for the sound profile. That's too bad because that means we may not ever have a good sounding radial unless it's created by KE. What I think may be happening is the importer available for us to use to get sounds into RealFlight doesn't work the same way as the sounds they create for the program in-house. Which makes since to me being a retired programmer. They can fine tune sounds to get them perfect but providing the ability for anyone to import sounds isn't the same thing as creating the sound yourself for the program. I could be wrong about that of course. Anyway once you hear the source files you'll know what I mean. Or maybe there's a problem with my installation and it can be fixed, let's hope for that one. But I'm not holding my breath.

i just played those and they seem a little louder alright , wonder if maxx2504 can make those louder and put them in another AV . just a thought check in realflight on the drop down menu go settings audio simulation and find engine volume see if its set at 100

Last edited:
Did you convert them to. Ogg files? What software did you use? There's a couple of tutorials on how to make the engine sounds. I've made several and I'll take a look at the files to see what I can do. I wouldn't be able to do it until tomorrow evening though.

Realflight will mix the sounds together when you raise or lower the throttle. It will also mimic the doppler effect of a aircraft moving towards the spawn point and then away. This will have an effect on the pitch and what you hear in the sound of the engine.

Last edited:
Doug. I looked at the simulation volume and it's Overall Volume is 100% and each of the items has it's own volume level which are ALL set the same 85%. I'll set the engine volume to 100% and see what kind of change that makes. But that doesn't really help getting a sound profile that's closer to the source files. The sound is softer so I think it's the processing they're doing. And the tutorials mention having quite a few rpm levels recorded so that might help. Anyway the profile does sound good it's just too soft compared to the source files.

csgill70. Anything you can do to improve the sound would be great, thanks for trying.

I have an update to post about the radial so I better get to it and go to bed, it's 3:12 am now and I need some sleep.

Hi !

I tried to convert them too OGG files too but they sound the same like before in the sim.

I think the only man who can help is ryan :)

PS: The sound is good in my sim. I think the only problem is that it will never be like in real because warbirds for example have a different sound when they flying. But try to get sounds from it...its nearly impossible because you cannot get a constant sound pitch.

Last edited:
Hi !

I tried to convert them too OGG files too but they sound the same like before in the sim.

I think the only man who can help is ryan :)

PS: The sound is good in my sim. I think the only problem is that it will never be like in real because warbirds for example have a different sound when they flying. But try to get sounds from it...its nearly impossible because you cannot get a constant sound pitch.

Yes you're right you can't do anything to help the sound it's how it's converted by RealFlight for use in the Simulator. I imagine KE in-house has the ability to improve it but a generic sound importer isn't quite how they do it. Or at least they have more experience tweaking the samples for a better outcome. But none the less thanks for your sound it's very good. How about uploading a link to your ogg files that will make the sound profile much smaller. And do you mind if I use it in the release of my plane showcasing my new radial engine? I just added the exhaust ring so it's nearly done. I still need to add the exhaust pipes and an engine mount and that will be it. There's no cowl because the plane was created to showcase the engine.

Yes you're right you can't do anything to help the sound it's how it's converted by RealFlight for use in the Simulator. I imagine KE in-house has the ability to improve it but a generic sound importer isn't quite how they do it. Or at least they have more experience tweaking the samples for a better outcome. But none the less thanks for your sound it's very good. How about uploading a link to your ogg files that will make the sound profile much smaller. And do you mind if I use it in the release of my plane showcasing my new radial engine? I just added the exhaust ring so it's nearly done. I still need to add the exhaust pipes and an engine mount and that will be it. There's no cowl because the plane was created to showcase the engine.

Hi !

I will upload a ne AV today. I reworked the sound and the RPMs a little bit, also the file format to keep it smaller.

Edit: There will be come a third and maybe a fourth version. Because im still not happy with the sounds :(

maxx2504

PS: When im done with the Moki SOund i will make a Kolm Engine. The only problem is to find some good videos with good sound quality

Last edited:
Hi !

I will upload a ne AV today. I reworked the sound and the RPMs a little bit, also the file format to keep it smaller.

Edit: There will be come a third and maybe a fourth version. Because im still not happy with the sounds :(

maxx2504

PS: When im done with the Moki SOund i will make a Kolm Engine. The only problem is to find some good videos with good sound quality

Very cool keep them coming.

Hi !

I uploaded a new version of my MOKI250 sound. i tried my best. I wish we got a constant pitch sound of a warbird with full throttle but that is impossible :D

maxx2504

Back