More control movement for the same agle of model change

TrueBuild

I would like to make the model less sensitive to stick movement.

e.g. when practicing rolling harrier I would like to be forced to move the sticks more and see the control surfaces move more.

Currently I'm moving the sticks small amounts and the control surfaces are moving a small amount.

When looking a real 3D planes doing the rolling harrier the control surfaces move a lot.

Any suggestions as to what model settings to try?

Note:- I practice with the same transmitter I fly with, that is setup for full throw and high expo.

I'm curious what model in RF are you flying you ask the question about.
I'm reticent to state which specific plane, because it will seem as though I'm criticizing someones work.
It is from the Extra stable, if that helps you in specifying what settings I could adjust.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/24099

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/23921

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/23920

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/23744

These are four of my real world models, I designed, built, then put into RF. They rea all out 3D.
What you want is expo!
Something you need too know, is FUTUBA radios use positive expo for 3D, where as JR, uses negative for 3D. Spectrum is JR format. The RF controllers are all based on FUTUBA format.

Fly safe.
Thanks for the hint about the "Advanced" option!
I will have a go with the ABACH35%_HOVER all day_AV ;)

I'm reticent to state which specific plane, because it will seem as though I'm criticizing someones work.
It is from the Extra stable, if that helps you in specifying what settings I could adjust.

Thanks for your answer. I'm one of the modelers here and I don't see your question as an insult to a plane you're just asking a question. In flexible2g's post he mentions expo but I don't think that's what you want, you want to SEE the control MOVE MORE but not change the planes movement that much. That is you want to see the controls on the plane move more but have the plane itself move less. The idea of expo is to force you to move the Radio's control more but in the end the control surface moves the same you just have to move the stick more to get it. To me you want to lower the aerodynamic effect of the control so you can see it physically move more but NOT cause the plane to move as much as it would now when you fly the plane in RealFlight. I've never tried to do that but I was trying to Define what you want to do. So am I right in what you want to do? There are some very good people here on what the different settings in the RF editor does so I was trying to define what you wanted to do so maybe one of them will chime in and give you an answer.

I suppose two things I'd say.

1. Look for the Prop Wash Factor under the Engine in the RF Editor it controls how fast the prop wash moves so that might help you.

2. Go in the RF Editor and make all the controls smaller that should force them to move more to get the same effect as the larger control. BUT.. that is only the phyics the actual aileron, elevator, and rudder will still be the same size on the model so you would see them move more.

Thanks for your answer. I'm one of the modelers here and I don't see your question as an insult to a plane you're just asking a question. In flexible2g's post he mentions expo but I don't think that's what you want, you want to SEE the control MOVE MORE but not change the planes movement that much. That is you want to see the controls on the plane move more but have the plane itself move less. The idea of expo is to force you to move the Radio's control more but in the end the control surface moves the same you just have to move the stick more to get it. To me you want to lower the aerodynamic effect of the control so you can see it physically move more but NOT cause the plane to move as much as it would now when you fly the plane in RealFlight. I've never tried to do that but I was trying to Define what you want to do. So am I right in what you want to do? There are some very good people here on what the different settings in the RF editor does so I was trying to define what you wanted to do so maybe one of them will chime in and give you an answer.

I suppose two things I'd say.

1. Look for the Prop Wash Factor under the Engine in the RF Editor it controls how fast the prop wash moves so that might help you.

2. Go in the RF Editor and make all the controls smaller that should force them to move more to get the same effect as the larger control. BUT.. that is only the phyics the actual aileron, elevator, and rudder will still be the same size on the model so you would see them move more.

1. Expo:- you are correct in that I'm not wanting to change expo. I like to use my real transmitter for expo. Which reminds me I must set expo in the model to zero.

2. "That is you want to see the controls on the plane move more but have the plane itself move less" Yes :)

I will try your suggestion of "Go in the RF Editor and make all the controls smaller that should force them to move more to get the same effect as the larger control. BUT.. that is only the physics the actual aileron, elevator, and rudder will still be the same size on the model so you would see them move more. " With emphasis on the aileron and elevator.

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure Futaba uses negative to add expo. At least it's that way on all mine with FHSS.

Back