more istalation problems

so I had the whole antivirus installation issues but i did what the forum on here said to do and got it fixed and was able to find the launcher in my program files but now when i click it i get the error code:
KEError 21017:registry key load operation failed
key:Software\Microsoft\windows\currentversion\apppaths\realflight9pro.exe
value: ProgramToLaunch
the launcher will not be able to start real flight

ive ben trying to install this darn thing for like 2 days now thankfully i found this forum and when i finially think i got the problem solved then this one arises please help

The file should be Realflight9.exe NOT Realflight9Pro.exe unless you renamed it or it's not a legit copy.
Actually, that is a legit registry entry, not incorrect or bootleg.

The problem is likely that there are permissions issues that are preventing you from properly writing the registry values during install.

First and foremost, you must have Administrator privileges to install RF. Some people and most companies set up a separate account for Administrators on PCs to keep the mayhem to a minimum, but RF requires admin access to write to the registry and other install stuff.
  • Reboot.
  • Remove RF using Add or Remove Programs.
  • Reboot again.
  • Switch to your Administrator account if you have one.
  • Install RF
  • Switch back to your normal account
  • Launch RF
  • Fly! Be free!

If that doesn't do the trick, run regedit from the Window Search by the Start button. The full path to that entry is:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\RealFlight9Pro.exe

If that key is present and correct, then there is another issue, possibly with read access to the registry. You can check and address registry permissions using the info from:

https://techcult.com/wiki/fix-cannot-create-key-error-writing-to-the-registry/

Back