Moving Multiple Objects in Airport Editor

nkerns

I'm trying to design a custom airfield, and was wondering if there is any way to select & move multiple objects, short of selecting & moving ALL objects?

My problem is, my PC shutdown while I was editing the airport, and when I went back in, a whole large group of objects in what is a very large, complex map were displaced together as a group to a location far from where they were before.

Any help or tips from any of you experienced content creators out there would be most appreciated!

Noel

Hint: ( undocumented tip )

I put large groups of objects in "folders" within the editor.

You can then select the folder to select all of the objects in unison.

Also you can export the folder to be used in another airport!

This also helps a lot when you wish to quickly replicate complex arrangements.

e.g. Export a whole farm layout. Move the viewpoint to a new location. Import farm layout and rotate it. Repeat... Instant farm countryside in 3D!

same problem as you i havent had it crash lately but all the time in g3.5 and thats when i was in a artistic curve i disigned some great ap's that never got made because it would crash all the time =(

FYI:

The simulator crashes to the desktop whenever there is a problem or a coding bug.

His computer shut off, which is due to a more serious hardware problem.

nkerns said:
I went back in, a whole large group of objects in what is a very large, complex map were displaced together as a group to a location far from where they were before.
Noel
yup nothing new :rolleyes: .....this sometimes also happens with singular objects ,spawn points,some times you Add one object and it adds 6??? even after you normaly exit the editor (with out it crashing)
and then go into the sim and find supwize tings r scwuwey :eek:
best thing that I have found is to work a little and save....work a little and save.....
.... work a little and save.....and repeat:(

Last edited:
opjose said:

Nice! After all this time I never bothered to even think about that. I think I may finally create a new tube course.

Well.....I'm sure.....tomorrow.....Knifeedge will have.....a meeting.....about doing....an 'anal and fussy' patch.....

opjose said:

I put large groups of objects in "folders" within the editor.

You can then select the folder to select all of the objects in unison.

This also helps a lot when you wish to quickly replicate complex arrangements.

e.g. Export a whole farm layout. Move the viewpoint to a new location. Import farm layout and rotate it. Repeat... Instant farm countryside in 3D!

I can't seem to figure out how to export/import only one folder within RF4.5; I can do entire airports, but that doesn't do what you're suggesting. Hate to be a pest, but can you point me to the menu/item I need to be looking at to do this?

Thanks again!

Noel

Maj. Numbskully said:
yup nothing new :rolleyes: .....this sometimes also happens with singular objects ,spawn points,some times you Add one object and it adds 6??? even after you normaly exit the editor (with out it crashing)
and then go into the sim and find supwize tings r scwuwey :eek:
best thing that I have found is to work a little and save....work a little and save.....
.... work a little and save.....and repeat:(

Thanks for the tip on this; somehow, I missed this reply earlier and included a question about this problem in a new posting I made just now, that also talks about foliage exclusion zones, which are giving me hell too.

Back