MSI GS77 laptop and RF Evolution (via Steam)

CaptainGregg

I downloaded/installed Evolution and it 'looks good' but that's about it. I can't fly. I can't access menus. I did change the realflight64.ini files to show menu. Before doing that no matter what key I pressed I could not even see them. I can't even get to the console screen. I am currently using either my spektrum ix12 via ws2000 dongle or the RF-X interlink controller

has anyone else encountered this kind of problem? Is there a cure?

Thanks in Advance

There are several threads in this forum that addresses the problem. It sounds like your computer is not using or doesn't have a discrete gpu. Look at the Intel iGPU thread at the top of this forum for information.

Just looked at the MSI site. All the GS77's there come with Nvidia graphics cards. So as usual for laptop manufacturers, the computer has it, but is not using it. Go into Control Panel/Device Manager/Display Adaptors, and disable the Intel GPU, so the computer can only use the Nvidia card. Or see if MSI has another recommended way to bypass the Intel built-in GPU.

Just looked at the MSI site. All the GS77's there come with Nvidia graphics cards. So as usual for laptop manufacturers, the computer has it, but is not using it. Go into Control Panel/Device Manager/Display Adaptors, and disable the Intel GPU, so the computer can only use the Nvidia card. Or see if MSI has another recommended way to bypass the Intel built-in GPU.
Thank you Flapper! You pointed me in the right direction! I had to go to the nVidia control panel and select preferred graphics mode there. On other MSI models there is a 'MSI Center' app that allows one to do something similar but this model doesn't have that app. And there is no changing it in bios.

Also, disabling intel graphics adapter in control panel caused RF to error out when loading graphics elements. For anyone else having this issue, AND you have nVidia graphics on an intel based laptop, go to nVidia control panel and under 3D settings change preferred.GPU to nVidia.

Thank you Flapper! You pointed me in the right direction! I had to go to the nVidia control panel and select preferred graphics mode there. On other MSI models there is a 'MSI Center' app that allows one to do something similar but this model doesn't have that app. And there is no changing it in bios.

Also, disabling intel graphics adapter in control panel caused RF to error out when loading graphics elements. For anyone else having this issue, AND you have nVidia graphics on an intel based laptop, go to nVidia control panel and under 3D settings change preferred.GPU to nVidia.
Your solution was probably what I did when I got my MSI laptop a couple of years ago. With my very brand new self-built desktop, with the same situation, I just deleted the Intel GPU device completely. But using the nVidia control panel is better. (After all, what is the point of a 4070ti card if not used! RF at 340 fps is kinda awesome!)

Back