Mud Duck

Just kidding with the picture.

That plane has not been built as far as I know and being able to tow a banner has not really been accomplished really yet..

Attachments

• P8251508.JPG
    P8251508.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 17
gofer303 said:
Any one have a model for the Mud Duck Agri,Sport or giant? Also want to find a banner towing set up need practice for next spring at the air field. Thanks in advance. http://www.mudduckaviation.com/
Larry
LARRY,
I have been working real-world with Greg, the owner of Mud Duck Aviation in converting some drawings for use on cnc machines. I e-mailed him today and asked, and he approved of me doing the planes for the sim. At Greg's request, the first out of the hanger will be the SPORT, followed by the AGRI and down the line.
All models will have true to life weights for all parts and physics tweaked by the designer (real world, Greg), so should fly well.
Time constraints will make the first plane for the sim ready for release in about three weeks, with the rest following shortly.
crashed

Last edited:
Thanks Crashed I will patiently wait. I am starting a build of the Mud Duck and would like to be able o fly it on the Sim as much as I can. My question is this some planes I download wont play on 4.5 all it says is that the plane is based on a model you don't have. Is there any way around this problem???? Thanks in advance for your help!

gofer303 said:
Is there any way around this problem???? Thanks in advance for your help!
Yes. Look on the file's page to see what other files may be required.

gofer303 said:
Thanks Crashed I will patiently wait. I am starting a build of the Mud Duck and would like to be able o fly it on the Sim as much as I can. My question is this some planes I download wont play on 4.5 all it says is that the plane is based on a model you don't have. Is there any way around this problem???? Thanks in advance for your help!
I plan to produce the models for 3.5 and 4.5 both. I do not have 5.0, so no promises there.....
as for not having all files, if you download an AV, you must have the original aircraft. If you download an EA, all files needed are included.
crashed

crashed again said:
I plan to produce the models for 3.5 and 4.5 both. I do not have 5.0, so no promises there.....
as for not having all files, if you download an AV, you must have the original aircraft. If you download an EA, all files needed are included.
crashed
I have 4.5 and now will have to do some research on downloading from KE! I really appreciate the info and I have tried to attempted making a plane but have failed miserably! Again Thanks!

Maj. Numbskully said:
welcome to the club :p

Thank You Major ! Seems like there is a club like this in every thing I try to do but hopefully wont be at the bottom for long ! LOL

gofer303 said:
Thank You Major ! Seems like there is a club like this in every thing I try to do but hopefully wont be at the bottom for long ! LOL
If you are willing to put out an honest effort, you will find PLENTY of people here willing to teach/help you with your models.
we all sucked at first, but with many failures, we learned and improved.
crashed

Gofer303

On DL files you need to look at the file extension.

EA = Entire Aircraft ( including a physics setup and color scheme )

AV = Aircraft Variant ( no model is included in this file. It just a custom physics setup )

CS = Color Scheme ( No model included in this file, it is just a new color scheme )

If you install An AV or a CS with out the EA installed you get that error message " it is based on a model you don't have. "

Hey Crashed

Make sure you model the tires like the real inter tubes ones, the DUCK need to waddle down the runway like a true duck.

Ps I working on a CNC machine my self, hope to have it done this winter. I want to prototype some foam models

Last edited:
Terry,
you bet, should be easy to make it waddle!
Got the pix from Greg today, and started on it, should have a flying proto tomorrow, but unable to test until friday :( , as my job has me away from the SIM!!!
crashed

Attachments

• progress.jpg
    progress.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 14
crashed again said:
Terry,
Got the pix from Greg today, and started on it, should have a flying proto tomorrow, but unable to test until friday :( , as my job has me away from the SIM!!!
crashed
CA I really am looking forward to seeing this Duck waddle!! LOL. Thanks for your efforts!
Larry

crashed again said:
Terry,
crashed
Just make the wheels out of round.

Sent the prelim plane to Greg, he did some physics and sent it back, but have not been home to "fly" it.... maybe this weekend.
crashed

Back