Multiplayer .046 testing feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to connect to your session, Chris. It shut down and booted me back to my home field shortly after I joined, though. I'm not sure if you shut it down or not, but when I went back to check if it was there, it wasn't.

I then hosted my own session, but it crashed and prompted me to send an error report to KE, which I did.

Second hosting session seemed alright, but I don't know if anyone had tried to join or not.

First attempt to join a MP session gave me the error about being behind a router and did not allow me to join anything. I decided to host and that went ok with one other joining my session. I did get a couple of errors which I forwarded to you guys....

I have a linksys router and I think that it is set up properly... but you never know.

I just crashed without any error message 8:11pm eastern... unexpected... just gone.

I am going to watch some tube and retire... looks pretty good guys.

Last edited:
Tyler P said:
I was able to connect to your session, Chris. It shut down and booted me back to my home field shortly after I joined, though. I'm not sure if you shut it down or not, but when I went back to check if it was there, it wasn't.

I then hosted my own session, but it crashed and prompted me to send an error report to KE, which I did.

Second hosting session seemed alright, but I don't know if anyone had tried to join or not.
Had the same thing Tyler and Chris said it was happening from his end and they are checking it out.

Yeap, I just had several crashes in a row while I was hosting. This is why the players where dropped from my session. We are looking at it now.

Chris McVey said:
Yeap, I just had several crashes in a row while I was hosting. We are looking at it now.

I'll check it out here in a few minutes. To me it still appears that 036 or whatever similar it is to that is still the best MP version for me. I tried 45 for a few days and it crashed just trying to search for the internet listings. Hopefully this one doesn't do that.

Yeah, I got the the unexpected error dialogue 4 times this evening. Never had it with the previous 2 betas.

I have been experiencing a "your connection to host was lost" error several times while trying to join with (2) different sessions

Whew!

Maj. Numbskully said:
I have been experiencing a "your connection to host was lost" error several times while trying to join with (2) different sessions
All hell broke loose when Major joined my session. Voice chat echoes, lags, freezes, jerky movements and then everyone disappeared. My session did not crash, though. Stayed in host mode.

Not that it was his fault. When he joined there about 5 or 6 in there. Maybe he pushed some sort of limit.

Wish I could be more specific.

Regards
Michael

I was in your session a good 45 min. to a little over an hour or so before your post.... and was dropped ......is that when you are speaking of?....... or was it more closer to your post time of (11:00pm c.s.t)
as i got that " lost connection to host" error later trying to rejoin awhile later(10:15-10:20)
if it was later maybe i did join but did\could not see it on my end?? causing probs. on your end ...lol....stranger things have happened

I got several "failed to connect" messages and subsequent retries when trying to connect to one room tonight. I was able to connect to another without problem, but now my voice chat doesn't work. It worked beautifully in .045, but it does nothing in .046. If I start RealFlight, I can successfully test the mic, with good results, but I get nothing once I enter a multiplayer room. If I then disconnect from the room, it fails the mic test, and I have to restart RealFlight to be able to pass the mic test again.

I have not been able to connect to a MP'er session since being in and dropped from "The luthier's session last night..... all ways wait but never connect getting the.... "lost connection with host" error :confused:
Although it refers to the connection..... It reminds me of.... and seems simmular to .."The Host is Busy" problem. :(
Entre Pete said:
I can successfully test the mic, with good results, but I get nothing once I enter a multiplayer room. If I then disconnect from the room, it fails the mic test, and I have to restart RealFlight to be able to pass the mic test again.
Entre Pete.... no pun intended but "I hear ya" :rolleyes:
I have had the same exact thing happen in .042,.045 and .046...for quite some time now. passing the xp mic. test as well as the one in RF.
I don't even have to restart RF to pass the mic test after exiting a MP session!
And the folk's at KE have been\are aware of this and
I KNOW that KE is working hard on this problem so we all have to try to be patcient...they'll figure it out! :D

Strange port number - 50469

Chris McVey said:
Please post your feedback on the .046 MP testing here.

Thanks Chris McVey

Not sure if this is a problem - maybe just information. Hopefully it's useful.

I show up in MP sessions with port number 50469 as reported by mplistplayers while others report normal ports of 61234. We were trying to find out why people were getting dropped from my session last night. I was in alnother session today and had this 50469 port.

Port forwarding is set correctly in my router. Everything seems to be working as normal for me as everyone else. So I'm just puzzled why this port number and whether it's significant or not.

Regards
Michael

I am NOT behind a router
I only use a RCA DCM425 DSL Cable modem that was supplied by
"Time Warner Cable" with a 7MB per Min. connection speed
I have RF listed as an exception and Each of the requiered ports(61234-61250 and 61300-61316) forwarded (added\listed) using the UDP protocal in the XP firewall...
As my modem does not have an internal firewall nor router built in.
using vers. .045 the only trouble I had joining was with the "invalid id " error every now and then
but was able to join and stay in MP 95% of the time
using vers. .046 last night and this morning I was getting the "lost connection to host" error but I have been able to join "JimmyG's session this afternoon. with at various times...
Chris Mcvey , red , sloflyer , jimmyg , john , the luthier ....
I cant remember them all but do remember counting 7 at one point.
I saw no lagg or cross over and could still only hear no more than 2 people at a time with V- chat. And my mic. was still not working

Last edited:
odd port?

<<I show up in MP sessions with port number 50469 as reported by mplistplayers while others report normal ports of 61234. We were trying to find out why people were getting dropped from my session last night. I was in alnother session today and had this 50469 port.

Regards
Michael>>

Michael, I had this happen to me as well...as I was setting up the port forwarding, I set the router to run in the DMZ...that's when i got the alias port of 50469. You might try clearing the DMZ zone....

Barry

Maj. Numbskully said:
I am NOT behind a router...

Ok. I was asking because we know some low-end routers have trouble connecting people - even people not behind routers. We've seen that numerous times in our testing. Perhaps you are trying to connect to a session with one of these "problem" routers.

theluthier said:
I show up in MP sessions with port number 50469 as reported by mplistplayers while others report normal ports of 61234. We were trying to find out why people were getting dropped from my session last night. I was in alnother session today and had this 50469 port... So I'm just puzzled why this port number and whether it's significant or not.

bamajenk said:
Michael, I had this happen to me as well...as I was setting up the port forwarding, I set the router to run in the DMZ...that's when i got the alias port of 50469. You might try clearing the DMZ zone....

Using mpListPlayers and seeing a players IP with a port that is outside the range is perfectly normal. Routers will certainly use an external port that is different than the internal port. As I said, this is normal and will have no adverse affect on your multiplayer session.

I forgot to mention that in .045 for awhile i had a problem with the "controller not found" issue but that has not happened for about 4-6 days now either for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back